Brake Rotors for Track/Street NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
skeeler

Brake Rotors for Track/Street NC

Post by skeeler »

Brian, I see that some of your NC rotors are suggested for street and autocross users, but not track users. Which of your rotors would you recommend for a car that sees street and track use? Thanks.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Brake Rotors for Track/Street NC

Post by Brian »

We usually avoid drilled for track use, but all our slotted choices will be fine. The DBA4000 are the best, though delivery from DBA can be slow....often weeks to get.

The advantage is higher density, much better longevity with aggressive track pads.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sjd

Post by sjd »

I second the DBA 4000 rotors. I ran the T3 club specs last summer and even with Hawk DTC-60 pads they performed beautifully lap after lap. Even with the DTC-60's beating up on them.

My only real quibble is that the thermographic painted stripes went white hot the first time and stayed white. It's no big deal though and wouldn't stop me from getting another set. Actually, I can't think of any other rotor I would buy for track use.

I am looking for a different set of pads this year though.
2010 Competition Yellow MX-5.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

Thanks. I'll order a set of the DBAs before my next track day.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.