installation instructions for 2000 NB (base)

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
augustmazdamiata

installation instructions for 2000 NB (base)

Post by augustmazdamiata »

Hi Brian, could you post on how to install your headers in 2000 NB Mazda Miata? Is it okey to install a headers in my 2000 NB since the car is registered in Delaware and it has a CA emission sticker inside the hood? Do I need also to replace my mid-pipe and what will I do with my upstream sensor and downstream sensor? Your help will be appreciated...Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Re: installation instructions for 2000 NB (base)

Post by Brian »

Looking at perhaps the Racing Beat header? The CA version of the car has a converter in the header assembly and install of the header means removal of that first converter...which is not legal in many states. To complete the install you would want the two O2 sensor extension cords we offer that allow the O2 sensors from the header to be moved to the midpipe. With the factory midpipe that means welding on a bung for each sensor. With our midpipe the bungs are already installed so the job is plug and play.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
augustmazdamiata

Brian wrote:Looking at perhaps the Racing Beat header? The CA version of the car has a converter in the header assembly and install of the header means removal of that first converter...which is not legal in many states. To complete the install you would want the two O2 sensor extension cords we offer that allow the O2 sensors from the header to be moved to the midpipe. With the factory midpipe that means welding on a bung for each sensor. With our midpipe the bungs are already installed so the job is plug and play.

that means, if I`m going to use my stock mid pipe, I have to relocate my downstream O2 sensor after the 2nd. CAT.,and use the extension cord to reach the connector behind the engine..the upstream O2 sensor is already build in, in the header, so that is fine...do I need a extension cord to reach the connector to the front engine? Now, if I`m going to use your mid pipe, I don`t need to relocate my downstream O2 sensor because there is already a provision for that downstream O2 sensor..am I correct? Thanks for your quick response..appreciated..good day..
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Even the first sensor is moving downstream a bit to the lower portion of the header, so you need the two extension setup, at THIS LINK
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
augustmazdamiata

Brian wrote:Even the first sensor is moving downstream a bit to the lower portion of the header, so you need the two extension setup, at THIS LINK
Thanks..
JohnL436

Post by JohnL436 »

I live in Florida and am planning to remove the front CAT in my 2000 NB with CA emission, and install a Racing Beat header. I am not concerned with state inspections, only that it performs at its best. Which RoadsterSport mid pipe do I need? The CARB Certified one or the FED version? I plan buy the 02 wiring kit. Does the Fed version mid pipe have the bungs installed to accept the second sensor?
augustmazdamiata

JohnL436 wrote:I live in Florida and am planning to remove the front CAT in my 2000 NB with CA emission, and install a Racing Beat header. I am not concerned with state inspections, only that it performs at its best. Which RoadsterSport mid pipe do I need? The CARB Certified one or the FED version? I plan buy the 02 wiring kit. Does the Fed version mid pipe have the bungs installed to accept the second sensor?

according to Brian, if you buy their mid pipe, the bungs is already installed and just plug and play...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Both FED and CARB versions have two bungs already installed....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JohnL436

Post by JohnL436 »

Thanks for the info, but I was also curious if one outperforms the other, and does either one present code problems more than the other?
Thanks!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Zero performance differences between the two.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com