Front performance brace

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
drpro

Front performance brace

Post by drpro »

I have an 06 with AT. Is it possible to add the front performance brace, either Beatrush or IL Motorsports. I am assuming part of the transmission is in the way. Could it be ground off or spacers added to the brace for clearance? I have not seen a brace in person, nor have I examined the factory brace. Just asking for someone that has to comment.

Thanks
David
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Front performance brace

Post by Brian »

Hi David

Sorry, never tried to install those on the automatic so I have not had opportunity to study what it is with the automatic that causes the clearance issue.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Has anyone else looked into why this brace doesn't fit automatics.
sabatino

Post by sabatino »

Been wondering this recently, as well, while combing thru the install forums for enlightenment.

:idea: Since the ATs don't seem to have a factory installed equivalent, you *might* deduce that it doesn't need it.
And that even if you could add one by modding, it *may* not be a benefit on the AT as intended on the MT... :idea:

I'd like to be able to consider it, but it's too risky $$-wise, without more info on applicability and benefit.

AT: http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/emazda/d ... zw5016.tif
vs.
MT: "#6 - Member bracket" http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/emazda/d ... 001677.tif
(...from 2013 SWM's transmission removal index)
2013 MX5 GT PRHT AT | Copper Red
RoadsterSport: MAX Power Header BSCF, Mid & Super Q; Progress Springs; Koni Sport Adj; ILM RP Bar & X-Brace; Racing Beat F & R Tubular Sway Bars; 7x7.5 Enkei Tuning Fujin Black; Stebel Nautilus Horn