Which motor mount & roll hoop 2.5t build

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Viggen

Which motor mount & roll hoop 2.5t build

Post by Viggen »

I just purchased a '13 club and am in the process of adding a built 2.5L motor as well as a TDR turbo

While the engine is out I want to put better motor mounts in there and am curious which ones to go with. It will be a street car which will hopefully see a weekend or two at the track each year.

I see you have a few options and I am unsure on which one to order. You have one which states pre order at $149 miata competition engine-motor mount and you also have the Steele and poly 70 durometer mounts for $220. Curious which one to go with? Need to order so I have the mount by the end of the month.

I also want to get a roll hoop to hopefully allow me to do track days. I see there is only one company that you offer now vs the other more expensive one that was on your site a few months ago. Do you know if the other company I believe it was awr will make them again or is the hard dog bars going to be your only option. This isn't something I need anytime soon..... Just trying to get info so I can buy next spring
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Which motor mount & roll hoop 2.5t build

Post by Brian »

The AWR bars are out of production, likely forever.

On the mounts, lots of power you are going to make, I think the 70 duro is the way to go....otherwise trans twist will make shifts difficult and trans will fail early.

Brian
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Viggen

Post by Viggen »

Thanks! Will order the 70 duro mounts later today

Keeping power low on the car to hopefully keep it reliable
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Not sure what you mean about keeping power low if it will have both 2.5 motor and turbo. Sounds like 300+ is where you are going and if so the 70 duro is still my suggestion. But if planning to keep the boost so low that we are only a nice 'torquey' 250 hp then another option is those IL Motorsports engine mounts....and add an engine brace later if those mounts don't prove enough to make the shifts crisp enough to your liking and driving intensity.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Viggen

Post by Viggen »

It will be over 300 hp but more then likely under 400hp

I will go with the 70 duro mounts....

Chassis braces and Ohlins suspension will come at a later date :)
eflove

Post by eflove »

With that motor and "small" turbo I see a lot of TQ early and bent rods on the future. Be careful.
Viggen

Post by Viggen »

I hope not and appreciate the input!

Not looking for a midrange tq monster so hopefully the turbo will produce solid power from 3k to 7.5k or so and not need lots of boost to get me the power I am after. On my last car I used the same turbo on a 2.0L motor (not a miata) and I thought it was to laggy. I would be at 8psi at 2,000 rpm's but I wouldn't get full boost until 3,700 or so which was 26psi.

I am planning on doing aftermarket rods, pistons and cams
Viggen

Post by Viggen »

Forgot to state the motormounts arrived earlier in the week

Thanks!

Curious what sway bars you suggest for Ohlins? Do not have the funds for Ohlins at this time but debating on at least adding sways to my stock club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

On sways, drive with the Ohlins and ask yourself how much more bar you want? On our supercharged autocross toy with 18x10.5 wheels all around we use a lot of bar, but on our normally aspirated 2.5 with Ohlins and with much less tire we use quite a bit less bar. Thus, answer to the sways question depends on some variables and I usually suggest that the Ohlins is such a revolution in the handling that folks try that first....and then consider later how much sway bar upgrade they want.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Viggen

Post by Viggen »

Appreciate the honesty and not just trying to sell me something!!

I have always preferred softer sways and stiffer springs so manybe they will be fine with stock bars

Again thanks!