Alignment Specs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Bart

Alignment Specs

Post by Bart »

I want to align my 2010 NC, it has Progress sways and springs. I drive highway and winding back roads. I occasionally engage in spirited driving. But, the car will basically be a daily driver. What should a good all around alignment spec out at?

Thanks
Bart
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Alignment Specs

Post by Brian »

Front
Camber -1.5
Caster 6
Toe IN 1/32nd per side.

Rear
Camber -1.5
Toe IN 1/32nd per side.

On my own cars we run much more camber, but with too much highway use and not enough hard driving the turns that would mean uneven tire wear (and if more than 50% of your mileage is freeway you might want to back that camber down to 1.2 all around). For customers doing some autocross we would do more like -1.8 front camber and -1.5 rear. I also toe zero or toe out the front but not everybody wants a car that rotates as easily as mine with every imperfection in the road.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bart

Post by Bart »

Brian,

Referring to your post above, you suggested a rate for more than 50% freeway. Did you mean 1.2 or -1.2?

Thanks
Bart
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

All camber numbers are negative.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bart

Post by Bart »

The following specs were used:

Front
Camber -1.2
Caster 6
Toe IN 1/32nd per side.

Rear
Camber -1.2
Toe IN 1/32nd per side.

What a difference. It now tracks absolutely straight and the windy back roads are much easier to carve. Before the alignment there used to be a waywardness while on the freeway. Now it's gone. I'm very happy with the results.

Bart