nb1 exhaust dyno

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nova99sport

nb1 exhaust dyno

Post by nova99sport »

Hey guys so I keep seeing all these dyno results for the Roadstersport exhaust, mid pipe and headers but do we have any results on the dyno for an nb1 with lets say the racingbeat header, roadstersport mid pipe and muffler? I already have the rs muffler and am about to finish the exhaust I just wanted to see an actual result with this set up over stock. It seems the NC guys are getting about 30 hp 18 tq with the rs exhaust set up and headers so I want to know if I can expect around the same results.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: nb1 exhaust dyno

Post by Brian »

All the testing for NB was many years ago. Sorry to say you don't get nearly as much gain as NC do, because the NC factory header is particularly terrible. The only NB Miata that gets real big gains is 99-00 year Miata with California two converter arrangement, those cars consistently get over 15 to 20 hp gains with header and full exhaust systems because they have almost the same header problem as the NC generation cars, the rest of the NB breed is lucky to see about 10 to 14 hp gain at the wheels with a full header and midpipe/muffler combo.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

Yea I saw those pictures of the stock NC header, Thats just crazy how the tubes are pinched so far in. Well I do have a 99 and the mid pipe looks like it has two converters as well so I'll have to check if its the cali arrangement or not.

So the nb1 really doesn't have many options for decent bolt on power like the NC huh? I really want to be around the 130-135 whp range just for a slightly more lively DD. Any tips on the best rout to get there or am looking at crazy internal motor work to get this from an na NB? I would love to go forced induction but just can't afford it and do not need quite that much power.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If you have California version then you have converter in the header of that 99.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

Oh ok I actually just looked up a picutre of what you were talking about and I do not have the California version. So are there any other things I can do to get another 10hp besides exhaust and intake?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That covers the easy bits...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

I do plan on a light flywheel when ever I need a new clutch so that should help me regain a little bit of that hp that gets lost on its way to the wheels but I was wondering about anything else I could look into thats not gonna break the bank like going forced induction or going inside the motor.
nova99sport

Post by nova99sport »

Yea I figured I'd be looking at Forced induction. the ITBs do look really neat but I bet it would be loud as hell for a DD. Though I had a 68 ss Camaro for my first DD so I'm no stranger to a loud car haha.