Now that the Ohlin's are almost on, sways?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
1200bruce

Now that the Ohlin's are almost on, sways?

Post by 1200bruce »

Brian what do you suggest? I could wait to button up the front Ohlin's just in order to wait for sways. Thanks and it was real nice meeting you and the wife. Still wish I got a ride.... lol
2008 Miata GT 6 speed man. RHT
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Now that the Ohlin's are almost on, sways?

Post by Brian »

I say drive it with the Ohlins first. The Ohlins are such a revolution in the performance of the car that I think you want to get some miles of using them before you decide how much sway bar you want to add.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
1200bruce

Post by 1200bruce »

The shocks are on, I had to cut the front springs to get them out even following your instructions. The back looks great for height, but I need to drop down the front about a inch. Now to read your instructions CLOSELY to see how to do that... lol
Hey how much $$ would I have spent having you do the Ohlins, at least I can brag to the spouse..lol
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Figure a good $400 for install.

Note new setup going to settle itself about half an inch in first few hundred miles...so I would not spend too much time yet trying to dial in your final heights.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
1200bruce

Post by 1200bruce »

Thanks Brian. Have a great week.
1200bruce

Post by 1200bruce »

The Ohlin's are the bomb, wow so fun in the fast corners. I got them all dialed down to about a inch of gap. Just loving them here, and at this time wonder IF I need anything else suspension wise. Thanks Brian for all your help.
1200bruce

Post by 1200bruce »

I just ordered a couple LARGE stickers from you, the wifey wanted them so she could brag on you about all your products we've bought from you so far...lol :P
colt45

Post by colt45 »

No change needed.

After 3 years and about 35,000 miles I am still running the OEM Base suspension stabilizer bars, 21mm F & 11mm R. I would not consider any of the commonly availably stabilizer bars because they are too stiff. ILMotorsports sells a pair of aluminum bars and (from memory only) the H&R front bar paired with the 12mm OEM Sport rear bar are the least stiff available and the ones I've considered. But, not bought.

after about 3k miles, I replaced the 40N/mm standard rear springs with 50N/mm springs from Ohlins USA and am much happier with the results, including the increase in rear roll stiffness.
Chatanooga
'06 Sport 6MT Ohlins 70N/50N
IBA/COG
Pat

Post by Pat »

colt45 wrote: after about 3k miles, I replaced the 40N/mm standard rear springs with 50N/mm springs from Ohlins USA and am much happier with the results, including the increase in rear roll stiffness.
What was it about the stock 40N/mm springs that you didn't like? I've contemplated going to a slightly heavier set and the 50N/mm seems like it would be the right amount of additional spring.

I've found that on less than ideal roads like we have here in WI with the frost heaves the rear seems a bit under-sprung and bottoms out to easily. I'm also running the stock sways for now and was contemplating just using the Racing Beat front with the slightly higher spring rate on the Ohlin's in the rear and OEM swaybar.

Anyone running a similar combination?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Pat

Lot's of autocross guys do similar. My Supercharged Silver 2007 currently runs Ohlins with 8kg front/7kg rear and big 32mm front Progress RX8 sway.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com