New NC1 owner with exhaust questions

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
VAMiataFan

Re: New NC1 owner with exhaust questions

Post by VAMiataFan »

Thanks guys for all your input. It has all been very helpful.

Think I will be going with the street catted header and RS mid pipe along with the RS II muffler. Whatever sacrifice at the top end will be made up by having a legal exhaust that still gives substantially more low and mid range power and hopefully no worries about CEL's.

I appreciate your comments about trusting the after market cat to last as long as you maintain proper tuning.

Also, thanks for the color correction. Mine is Sunlight Silver Metallic.......... Absolutely beautiful on this low mileage PRHT GT. I'll try to post up a picture this weekend.
VAMiataFan

Post by VAMiataFan »

Put on the RSII yesterday. The extended tips for the appearance package look great. I was surprised and pleased that the tip actually extend a couple inches past the appearance package rear valance.
I think it gives the car a more aggressive look.
The sound is just right..... A little rumble when you first fire up, then a nice throaty sound on acceleration, not too loud but it definitely noticeable and very noticeable under WOT.

I would like to add a picture to this post but haven' been able to figure out how to do it. Can someone give me some pointers? Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You should see 'upload attachment' below the edit screen when typing new entry and you can get a picture loaded that way. And...you can also use the image 'Img' function if the picture is loaded somewhere else, you just paste the address between the img tags.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
elloco54

Post by elloco54 »

The max power header and mid pipe will probably be too loud with the rsll . The complete package comes with the super Q which in my opinion is too quite with the stock exhaust. But once I added the header and mid pipe it really woke things up. The mid pipe has a cat and runs both o2 sensors so there are no codes.
VAMiataFan

Post by VAMiataFan »

Brian,
I neglected in my last post about getting the RS II on my car to send kudos your way for the prompt delivery during the Holiday/season. I think it was only 5 working days with normal delivery to receive the muffler here in Virginia. Great job by the Goodwin team!!!!!!
VAMiataFan

Post by VAMiataFan »

Couple pictures coming............hopefully.
Attachments
New RS II with extended tips
New RS II with extended tips
photo 2.JPG (145.55 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
Sunlight silver 2007
Sunlight silver 2007
photo 1 (1).JPG (154.47 KiB) Viewed 2551 times