Progress/koni combo tire size reco.

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
ducatismo

Progress/koni combo tire size reco.

Post by ducatismo »

Just installed this combo and man what a difference! Soooo much better. I also have a new set of enkei rfp1 17x7.5 on 225/45 r17 michelin super sport tires. My dilema is that with the 1" drop in suspension and almost 1" gain on sidewall from the tires I am not sure they're going to fit without rubbing. Tires pretty much flush with fenders but I don't want to roll the fenders. Anyone have experience as to what would be the best tire size for these rims that would work well with this suspension upgrade? Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Progress/koni combo tire size reco.

Post by Brian »

That will fit without rubbing.

I prefer just 215/45 tires on that 7.5 48mm offset wheel to keep steering much more crisp but the 225/45 fits at that offset....and even 235/40 would plug and play at the 48mm offset.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ducatismo

Post by ducatismo »

Thanks Brian for the quick feedback. Any thoughts on alignment or if that makes a difference regarding fitment? It's factory right now.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

There really is no factory alignment....just a range of numbers. Lowering the car gave you instant additional negative camber. Search alignment here for lots of discussion.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ducatismo

Post by ducatismo »

Makes perfect sense. I'm going to go with the 215's. Thanks again!