Header and mid-pipe question

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
SimplyClean

Header and mid-pipe question

Post by SimplyClean »

Can you run the catless race mid-pipe and the max power header without any problems other than throwing a code? And being crazy loud :lol:
2007 GT PRHT 6MT
Tein S-tech springs, oem bilstein shocks, roadstersport race single, Racing beat race mid-pipe w/o pre-silencer, nrg short hub and quick release, dg motorsports lip, Exedy stage 1 racing clutch, Fidanza flywheel, aem cold air intake
SimplyClean

Re: Header and mid-pipe question

Post by SimplyClean »

Update: I just saw your post on the installation thread, so my question now is what damage could it do with the factory tune? How much would it cost for a working tune? I'm trying to make my car as loud as possible btw, however, performance is still a bit of a concern for me.
2007 GT PRHT 6MT
Tein S-tech springs, oem bilstein shocks, roadstersport race single, Racing beat race mid-pipe w/o pre-silencer, nrg short hub and quick release, dg motorsports lip, Exedy stage 1 racing clutch, Fidanza flywheel, aem cold air intake
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Header and mid-pipe question

Post by Brian »

Other than having the code it will work, and the Tuners can turn off the code. We certainly do not recommend it unless race car that rides on trailer to events and at events you are using helmet and ear plugs like I do.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com