Sound Level: Roadstersport II with Mid-Pipe and Header

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
pman

Sound Level: Roadstersport II with Mid-Pipe and Header

Post by pman »

I have a 2012 soft top with RS II installed. I just ordered the mid-pipe and glass baffle inserts. I would like to order the MAX header but concerned about the sound level. Will the glass baffles help much in that respect? I don't think my wife can tolerate the car much louder than it already is with the RS II and standard baffles.

David
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Sound Level: Roadstersport II with Mid-Pipe and Header

Post by Brian »

One Man's too quiet is another Man's too loud. Some love the RS2 with header but most end up wanting our SuperQ on the end of the setup. JAY from tuning done right loves the RS2 with the header and has posted videos on YouTube that you can find with a search there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pman

Post by pman »

Thanks Brian....and realize that it is a preference thing. I think I will wait and see how the baffles work and then decide. Worst case - I sell my RS-II and buy a Q.
CursedSIC

Post by CursedSIC »

2 questions,
1. do any sound files exist with the RSII bolted on to the RS midpipe, and max power header?
I would very much like to hear them.
2. Also, does the RSII flow as good as the superQ?
If not, I'd have little interest, but if so I'd be very interested in using that as opposed to the superQ
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

JAY from TDR (tuning done right) loves the RS2 with the header and has posted videos on YouTube that you can find with a search there. All our designs are big 2.5 inch flow in and same size pipes out so flow is very close (the Q has done ever so slightly best in my dyno tests but we are talking 2 points, within the noise of run to run).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
strathound

Post by strathound »

So on this subject, I just got the Max Power header, Helmholtz mid pipe and SuperQ muffler installed. I love the combination and I'm definitely going to love it on the track with the baffles removed. My problem is ... I'd love for my setup to be even quieter for daily driving. I live in an apartment complex. And I'd really like to be able to get on the gas each morning on the way to work coming out of the complex like I usually do. At this volume ... well I'm sure my neighbors will not be pleased. Is there anything I can do to make it even quieter that can be removed when I'm at the track?

Michael
2012 PRHT
Ceramic Max Power Header
Helmholtz Midpipe
Super-Q Exhaust
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, our optional packed baffles on the site will drop it a few more db....and are easily removed.

But note they are restrictive enough to bring down your gains from the header too.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com