Ohlins DFV coilovers with Tein Rear springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chuck H

Ohlins DFV coilovers with Tein Rear springs

Post by Chuck H »

Brian, just wanted to check with you regarding compatibility between the Ohlins DFV coilovers and the Tein taper springs on your site. Will the standard rear shock valving work well with the optional 6k tapered Tein springs that you also sell, or would a re-valving be recommended when jumping from 4k to 6k rear spring rate? From all the research I've done, I think 7k/6k is the spring rate combo I'd like to run when I make the jump to coilovers.

Also, are the Tein springs something you stock, or do you have them drop-shipped from Tein?
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Ohlins DFV coilovers with Tein Rear springs

Post by Brian »

We drop ship those when available. ..

I have never used them here....we prefer our Swift springs with Delrin bits but I understand the easier plug and play TEIN is appreciated. Ideally don't push rates more than 2k up without revalue but you can try it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

Chuck,

I have a pair of brand new, in the box, tapered Tein springs in the 6K rate if you are interested. Bought them but never got around to using them.

Nathan
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

The standard Ohlins valving works with the Tein rear tapered 7k springs in my STR prepped NC, so there should be no issue going to the 6k springs. Been in my car since 2012, no issues.
Altair

Post by Altair »

halfpint wrote:Chuck,

I have a pair of brand new, in the box, tapered Tein springs in the 6K rate if you are interested. Bought them but never got around to using them.

Nathan
Hi Nathan,

I would be interested in your springs if you still have them.
I'm in Canada however.
Can you contact me?

Guy
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

Guy - can't find your email in your profile. Shoot me an email at nhau @ Y!