NC coilovers on a budget

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
SimplyClean

NC coilovers on a budget

Post by SimplyClean »

I've got a >1500$ budget and am looking for a set of reliable coilovers. I want a stiffer ride (I DO track the car, but it is my DD. Looking for pretty stiff at around 8k/6k range and a 90mm drop.) I noticed the ksport kontrol coilovers on this site for under a grand, what's wrong with them? Thanks!
2007 GT PRHT 6MT
Tein S-tech springs, oem bilstein shocks, roadstersport race single, Racing beat race mid-pipe w/o pre-silencer, nrg short hub and quick release, dg motorsports lip, Exedy stage 1 racing clutch, Fidanza flywheel, aem cold air intake
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC coilovers on a budget

Post by Brian »

Okay, but for that price range my first choice is our TEIN selections.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SimplyClean

Post by SimplyClean »

Are there any problems with the ksports? Or are the TEIN options just *better*, thanks!
2007 GT PRHT 6MT
Tein S-tech springs, oem bilstein shocks, roadstersport race single, Racing beat race mid-pipe w/o pre-silencer, nrg short hub and quick release, dg motorsports lip, Exedy stage 1 racing clutch, Fidanza flywheel, aem cold air intake
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Indeed I just think the latest TEIN product is more for your money.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

I haven't heard of may NC owners running KSports...

Brian, how many sales of those do you receive?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Just a few per year so not a lot of feedback, versus a few TEIN kits per week including customer installs that I have driven for track and autocross. Thus, I am more comfortable suggesting the TEIN kits because we have many more in use by customers and I have driven some of the installs against the clock to fast times, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SimplyClean

Post by SimplyClean »

Do you know the height adjustment on the ksports vs the street flexes?
2007 GT PRHT 6MT