95 na8 needs shocks / spirited d/d , recommendations ?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
fastfrank

95 na8 needs shocks / spirited d/d , recommendations ?

Post by fastfrank »

I acquired a 1995 I middle aged owner Florida car , meticulously maintained , yet needs shocks ..I am a former Mazda dealer , racer & tech ....I want to keep my car as compliant ( daily driver , some what comfortable ) as possible ....I have a sister who is disabled ,& has as more titanium parts than the space station LOL . And take her on top down long rides through the countryside ... I thought about decent coil over set up & replacing assemblies with compleate nb units ..My other thought was less exspensive - KYB AGX , Racing beat srings 1" drop & only slightly stiffer rates ( I believe car is slightly under sprung with O.E.M. springs & would offer better ride & handling quality with slightly higher rates springs ) also fcm bumps & nb top hats ...I NEED ANY SUGGESTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS ANY ONE CAN OFFDR ME , as I need to correct my suspension A.S.A.P. and my MX-5 will be completely sorted . Bumber to bumper ....Thanks sincerely , in advance .. Fast Frank
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 95 na8 needs shocks / spirited d/d , recommendations ?

Post by Brian »

Welcome Frank

To keep it as compliant as possible would mean just fresh shocks, and I prefer the KONI over the KYB for quality and ride in this application. Note the KONI SPORT for this application actually have three position spring perch that allows you about half inch of lowering even with stock springs.

But assuming you want mild spring rate increase then our Racing Beat Suspension package with Racing Beat Springs and Sways is a good package for the money.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com