Random post about my nc1

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
porterhousestk

Random post about my nc1

Post by porterhousestk »

Hey guys! This is my first post ever on any sort of forum so bear with me... Well my name is Porter and im from Texas. i got my 208 mazda mx-5 gran touring back in febuary and have been enjoying it ever since! First thing i did was buy cat-less headers like 3 months ago and they have been sitting on my night stand ever since! LOL. About two months ago i was driving in the rain and thought i could drift around a corner and was sorely mistaken... I ended up bending my rear driver side wheel, the rear trailing arm and toe arm, and blew the tire... Funny thing is it gave me incentive to buy new wheels and tires all around so right now im running 17x9 +26 2003 SVT Cobra wheels with 245/40 in the back and 225/45 up front. (Yes, it rubs, but not that bad.) anyway, my whole reason for posting was because, 1. Im wondering if there is anyone out there running on mustang wheels also? And 2. I've been thinking of buying the hood vent cut outs to hopefully decrease under-hood temperatures. But the thing is i cant park in the garage everyday and im worried about leaving my car out in the rain with those big ol' vents in my hood... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!! And thanks for reading!
Ryan @ GWR

Re: Random post about my nc1

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Hey there Porter, welcome to the forum!

Can't say we've ever seen those wheels on the MX-5, the car is very sensitive to wheel/tire weight so most folks try to find a lightweight option. Not sure what the weight is on those wheels. Perhaps someone else will chime in if they've seen or played with those wheels on their car.

The vents do indeed help dramatically to keep the car running cool. No issues with it being in the rain, everything under there is weather-sealed, and the vents aren't placed above the motor itself so you don't get water in the places you wouldn't want it.
porterhousestk

Re: Random post about my nc1

Post by porterhousestk »

yeah they are pretty heavy wheels, but it doesn't feel any slower, and it seems to grip REALLY well. im excited to hear that about the hood vents. I just might order them soon.