Tires & stuff

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Apexcone

Re: Tires & stuff

Post by Apexcone »

In your experience Brian what size would you run on the stock rim, I would agree that the 235 would be oversized for the rim, you'd end up having to over inflate the tire and it would be running on the centre of the tread.
Terry

"I know you're cheating because I am and you're beating me"
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got a 5speed or 6speed?

Local courses fast or slow? And by that I mean, are you running out of 2nd gear and forced to shift often?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Apexcone

Post by Apexcone »

Very occasional run out of 2nd gear
Terry

"I know you're cheating because I am and you're beating me"
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Well, 225/45 would mean you go a bit faster before you run out of 2nd gear...which would be handy for days you otherwise run out of 2nd gear. It will feel sloppy, yet prove fast if you run the higher pressures to make it work (depending on tire and surface conditions that might be 40psi). That 225/45 is a choice lots of 6speed guys do in particular since running out of 2nd gear is a common issue for them.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Miata boy

Post by Miata boy »

image.jpg
Brian wrote:Too TALL, does rub when you hit big enough bump.

Correct size 235/40/17
Here is my 2012 S.E. Enkei PF01 17 x 8 with Yokohama ADVAN AD08R 235/40 17. Car lowered with Bilstein PPS10 coilovers. No contact or rubbing on fender. A perfect fit . Received the Wilwood big brake kit from Brian last week. Waiting for his new Wilwood rear brake kit with separate parking brake calipers.