ND Club Wish List Advice

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
SeanM856

ND Club Wish List Advice

Post by SeanM856 »

Just bought the 2016 Club and have been generating my wish list items. I am interested to hear advice from the perspective of bang/buck ratio and warranty/vehicle longevity. I will likely drive the car as predominately a street toy and occasional auto-crosser.

So far I feel my first purchases as budget allows will be
1. GWR Street Exhaust
2. Progress sways F/R
3. Orange Virus Tune (makes me nervous in the warranty/longevity category)
4. Moshimoto oil cooler
5. Alignment(spec suggestions appreciated)

Additional items will likely be considered are

Progress Springs when developed, , GWR or Cusco Shock Tower Braces, GWR Full Brace Kit, GWR Wilwood Brake Kit 4 piston Front and FM Wilwood Rear, Oil Catch can, CAI.

Brian@GWR I would love your input as well as forum members willing to help a Noob MX-5 owner.....Thanks in advance!
Sean
Brian
Site Admin

Re: ND Club Wish List Advice

Post by Brian »

I would start with the muffler, simply because it is the most easy with big return on fun factor. Next I would do the sways, makes a massive difference in the corners. Then I would do the Tune, the mid range torque boost is amazing with the tune. If the autocross is a regular event and you are in warm climate then the oil cooler is good insurance. On alignment, you don't have a big range at stock height but a bit more front camber really helps the turn in response (get 1.5 negative if you can up front, 1.0 is fine out back). I like toe zero front and rear on ND (it does toe in under load in the rear, unlike the NC that would toe out).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SeanM856

Post by SeanM856 »

Thanks Brian.... Any worries on the OV Tune regarding engine longevity or causing big drops in economy (outside of right foot-itus)? Curious as to how you feel about pairing your sways with HR springs or Corksports offerings since the Progress availability is a ways out? Any of the additional consideration items I listed need to be bumped up to the initial mods?
Thanks,
Sean
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

SeanM856 wrote:Thanks Brian.... Any worries on the OV Tune regarding engine longevity or causing big drops in economy (outside of right foot-itus)? Curious as to how you feel about pairing your sways with HR springs or Corksports offerings since the Progress availability is a ways out? Any of the additional consideration items I listed need to be bumped up to the initial mods?
Thanks,
Sean
Have not seen any change in economy with the tune, and I don't expect any long term changes in longevity unless you go crazy on redline extending, which could advance wear.

Progress ND springs are here, several sets, we just need to finish our test fitting and measuring and test driving. Likely have a production set on our ND for final testing before the week is over.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com