Exedy Happy meal clutch missing parts

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
YuriR150

Re: Exedy Happy meal clutch missing parts

Post by YuriR150 »

Just some additional info on Exedy:
I've recently ordered a full OEM replacement clutch kit and I think it was drop shipped from Exedy - it was supposed to have clutch, pressure plate, two bearings, grease, alignment tool. Well, it only had first two out of 6 items and the box appeared to be unopened and in good condition. I had to wait for a replacement kit to be shipped, which came in with all parts in place.
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Will parts be available to rebuild the Speedsport clutches? I just acquired a Miata with this clutch.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Zaphod wrote:Will parts be available to rebuild the Speedsport clutches? I just acquired a Miata with this clutch.
Nope, I don't expect parts for rebuild will be available. So now it will be like most other brands, you toss it when it wears out and buy another new clutch.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Brian wrote:
Zaphod wrote:Will parts be available to rebuild the Speedsport clutches? I just acquired a Miata with this clutch.
Nope, I don't expect parts for rebuild will be available. So now it will be like most other brands, you toss it when it wears out and buy another new clutch.
With the Speedsport clutches with the lightened flywheel, will I need to replace the flywheel when I replace the clutch, or will I be able to keep the flywheel?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

No, the idea with that Speedsport design was that both clutch and flywheel had carbon pucks that were replaced as needed. The issue is that RPS may not make the pucks down the road, best to contact them on whether they still have some of the pucks.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Thanks Brian, and that makes sense as I'm closely looking at the original photos of the kit on your site.

I was asking because I'm running into a brand new issue and wanted to be be prepared incase I had to replace the clutch.

With only 12K miles since the install and only 10K miles on the car, last night the clutch would not fully disengage with the pedal to the floor. No signs of a master leak, no signs of problems with the pedal assembly, and the assembly appears to be adjusted correctly.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sounds hydraulic, so my bet is clutch/flywheel is okay and issue is elsewhere. If not hydraulic then perhaps sticking throw-out bearing...but usually that comes with loud noise.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com