Clutch options

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
dennis320

Clutch options

Post by dennis320 »

Hi,
I recently bought a FMSCd 2012MT and busy with the retuning the ecu at the moment. I bought the car mainly for track use but I do not want such a hardcore one. I will still use it sometimes daily and sometimes for holiday trips.
I am using 3.30 pulley now and my final target is around 250whp and the stock clutch is already slipping.

As GWR in most of different threads you mostly suggest users ACT Performance Stage One Clutch Kit but again they are mostly not tracking the car as they indicate.

So in my case I can not decide between this stage one kit and ACT HD 6-pad spring one. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these two for my purpose of use.

Thanks for the advices.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Clutch options

Post by Brian »

Not much difference between those two, the 6 puck will hold more power and take more abuse but the standard ACT unit should easily do 250 for years and years and be a bit more friendly in day to day use.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
dennis320

Post by dennis320 »

Thanks for reply Brian, I assume those years include track use as well for standart ACT unit. Ready to order then.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, I used the stage 1 for autocross and track for years with about the same power level.

Brian
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
dennis320

Post by dennis320 »

Then I just need some more patience till I get it :)

Thanks