which rear brakes?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
grippy

which rear brakes?

Post by grippy »

Brian,

I have been using the Wilwood 6 pot's in the front of my track NC for a few years now. I have been running the RX-8 rears for a few years now with good success. But in the quest for lower weight Would I be better off going back to the stock rears to save the 15 lbs? I have both setups and need to buy pads either way, so now is a good time to ask this question. I don't recall if I ever ran the stock rears with the 6 pots. But when I switched to the RX8's I didn't notice a big difference.

So what setup is the best match to the 6 pots?
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
Brian
Site Admin

Re: which rear brakes?

Post by Brian »

For same reasons....we just pulled and sold the rear RX8 setup from our Supercharged 2007....and installed our new Wilwood four piston rear 12.88 kit (with parking brake). Been running the same in testing for many months on our Project Blue 2006 and the kits finally finished and starting shipping about two weeks ago. On our site now, that's the kit made to balance the front.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1816.html
http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1818.html
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grippy

Post by grippy »

Yes that would be the ideal setup, but, my funds are slated for the big header when it is ready.

So, between the stock rears and the RX8 rears, which is a better match?
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I would stay with RX8 rears as your good match to 6 piston fronts....because the NC gets a fair bit of nose dive if you don't have the RX8 rear setup or our 12.88 size rear kit to balance the six piston fronts. That also gives you decent match on thermal capacity, which you would give up with NC rears (such that rears could easily heat and exceed pad temp range before the fronts).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grippy

Post by grippy »

OK, great, thanks for the input Brian.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
grippy

Post by grippy »

Just curious , but what is the weight of the wildwood rear setup compared to stock or RX8 rears?
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC