Fiat 124 Abarth....First Autocross Test!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Fiat 124 Abarth....First Autocross Test!

Post by Brian »

Fiat 124 Abarth....HEAR it, see it autocross, fun stuff!

[/quote]
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pikeman

Post by pikeman »

It sounds like Fiat has the right springs as original equipment. ND Club owners are swapping them out for aftermarket parts that seem to fix the roll problem. That's good. I'd expect to need an alignment right away, but there shouldn't be any need for changing parts to have the car "right".
I also appreciate the nicer trim of the Abarth.
Last month I put down a refundable deposit on a 124, but the salesperson said that, at that time, the Abarth would be available mid-year and not among the first run of cars shipped to the US.
We'll see . . .
Pete
mini22

Post by mini22 »

I wonder if you got to drive the non-Abarth versions. Obviously they are at a disadvantage with
their softer suspensions and quieter exhaust. I also understand that there is no sport button on
the Classica and the Lusso. However for those on a budget I could see taking a Classica and tweaking
it with a few after market items from Goodwin Racing. I used to own a Fiat 500 Abarth. There are a lot of
after market products out their especially for the 1.4 turbo multiair engine. There are 2 outfits that I will not
mention(don't know the protocol so figure better to be cautious) that offer a piggyback ECU and a Re-flash of the existing ECU. I actually used a Unichip on my Abarth in combination with an aggressive intake.
I also had an under drive pulley on that car as well. I will simply say it was a substantial improvement over stock.
So I'm glad that Goodwin is plunging into the 124. Look forward to the goodies' you guys come up with.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

pikeman wrote:It sounds like Fiat has the right springs as original equipment. ND Club owners are swapping them out for aftermarket parts that seem to fix the roll problem. That's good. I'd expect to need an alignment right away, but there shouldn't be any need for changing parts to have the car "right".
I also appreciate the nicer trim of the Abarth.
Last month I put down a refundable deposit on a 124, but the salesperson said that, at that time, the Abarth would be available mid-year and not among the first run of cars shipped to the US.
We'll see . . .
Pete
We have heard the same about ABARTH versions coming later, not first batch. Roll is lower in the ABARTH than the ND but serious enthusiasts will still be looking for better. We too have deposit down on 124...

CLASSICA, 6-Spd Manual, ROSSO RED...only option is 'Technology Collection'.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our man Sean Thomson got a quick pic under the Fiat 124 Abarth 6 Speed we drove to show the factory muffler.
Attachments
AbarthMuffler.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com