NC full exhaust vs.ND full exhaust

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JahnesB267

NC full exhaust vs.ND full exhaust

Post by JahnesB267 »

Hi Brian,
It's been a long time since I spoke with you.
I just sold my NC(with the full Goodwin exhaust incl.header,mid pipe,Q muffler) with the Cosworth supercharger.
Loved that setup for sound(and performance!)
My Soul Red ND is coming next week...!
My question relates to the sound of the ND with your header(standard length),mid pipe,header version super Q muffler vs the above in the NC.
Will it be louder by a huge measure and will it be as nice!
Trick question I know,as each to his own...
Thanks
J
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC full exhaust vs.ND full exhaust

Post by Brian »

Our special header version of SuperQ with our standard length ND header works to get the sound a bit under what you had on the NC, it includes an extra resonator section to get the raspy notes cut out. The nature of the sound from the ND motor is entirely different, the volume is really not the issue on ND, it's the raspy notes and drone this new motor can make if not managed carefully. Thus, with our regular length header strongly suggest special header version SuperQ that is on the site.

A little different story our longtube header for ND. Our ND Longtube header setup uses a massive resonator in the midpipe which is even more successful in killing the raspy notes before they reach our various Helmholtz mufflers with result that you can use less muffler with the longtube setup, I drive around town with just our RoadsterSport Race at the back.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JahnesB267

Post by JahnesB267 »

Brian,
Thank you for your feedback.
I think I'll hold out for the twin tip Q version if and when it comes along,and then do the header ,mid pipe and muffler combination.
k9bill

Post by k9bill »

I have always wanted to be able to run whatever muffler I'd choose...to a certain point with my N/C setup.
Like for instance I still have my old original GW Sport ver1 I would love to run but it's too loud.
It be nice if you redesign the mid-pipe to make that happen. Otherwise I was considering a different header.
That would be a large expense and I might loose some power.
Bill
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

see our Helmholtz NC Midpipe.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com