Delrin door bushings

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
O.K.

Delrin door bushings

Post by O.K. »

Hey Brian, I ordered a pair of these bushings after talking to Sean in your in your office.
He said at first he was skeptical, but after he installed them he became a believer.
Well I just installed mine and can say I fully agree with him. The car feels tighter and more of one piece over bumps, imperfections and expansion joints. They installed in minutes, and I feel this was $65 well spent.

You should feature these as a new item on your website and detail the benefits.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Delrin door bushings

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the positive feedback on that item, I know Sean and Ryan really like them. I am adding a set to our Supercharged 2007 today.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DonaldR912

Post by DonaldR912 »

+1,000 on this.

Was also skeptical but now I'm an evangelist, lol
AndrewD459

Post by AndrewD459 »

I fitted a set of these and went for a quick drive and was sure I felt a slight difference. A few weeks later did my first track day on a short track with some hard right corners. Next time I washed my car I noticed screw head indentations in the left hand door bushing from the screws that attach the bushing hat to the door. Since then I have counter sunk the screws further into hats for a flush finish and packed out the hats with large mud-flap washers (about 3mm) for a near perfect fit. The doors are a little harder to close (tend to bounce of the bushes) occasionally but with another track day coming up I see this as the cheapest bracing mod you can do, and yes, I'm a believer.
AndrewD459

Post by AndrewD459 »

Also Brian, as a consequence of seeing the benefit of these door bushes I firmly believe these bushes combined fender braces would be of more benefit than a front shock tower brace. Just a thought.
k9bill

Post by k9bill »

I too installed a pair of these on my N/C. I could tell a difference however I wished they were a bit tighter.
My N/C is bare-bones gutted and I guess the door panels may add to the connection in which main are gone.
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

I installed A set of door bushings in my ND. They had the effect I wanted, which is eliminating the sound of the pax window rubbing against the top (courtesy of a rutted road to a winery). Sound field is also changed, with the low resonance that occurs when moving from full stop being reduced. This is a positive for me.
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...