PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DYNO

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DY

Post by Brian »

Teaser Pics from Tom Suddard of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine from shootout last weekend.

Excited to read the Article !
Attachments
Good-Win Racing Pics Tom - 3.jpeg
Good-Win Racing Pics Tom - 4.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Brian, quick cosmetic question for you. Does the Velox diffuser hide the resonator on the long tube mid-pipe? I was considering modifying the mid-pipe to make it sit higher by replacing the resonator with a Burns SS muffler ($350-$550). If the diffuser hides it when looking at the rear of the car, I'd rather go that route than hack up the exhaust. The diffuser would be the same cost range as the Burns muffler, plus I'd get the added aero benefits and a nice look.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Quick note to that. I have the SSTT muffler, so the diffuser would have to sit in it's absolute lowest position.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good question, do not currently have the Velox item on our car (had it off for playing with numerous muffler mods) so best I can say is that I imagine it would help hide the resonator from some angles... but how much I cannot recall at this moment.

Go to the Velox description on our site and see the low angle pics, including the pic below, and you can still see the resonator pretty clearly...but shooting up from the ground. Looking at these shots I expect that from eye level with the muffler tip the resonator is mostly hidden.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Photo from SEMA 2016 when we visited ACT's booth and the new ND clutch was on display. This clutch and a complimentary flywheel are still not quite in production but we now have pre-production units here from ACT to begin testing with!
SEMA2016 ACT Booth.jpg
Attachments
ACTClutchFlywheelND.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ryan @ GWR wrote:Photo from SEMA 2016 when we visited ACT's booth and the new ND clutch was on display. This clutch and a complimentary flywheel are still not quite in production but we now have pre-production units here from ACT to begin testing with!
SEMA2016 ACT Booth.jpg
This ACT Clutch and ACT Light Flywheel is now installed in our ND for testing. First impressions is that pedal pressure very close to stock, just slightly heavier (which is good). With any light flywheel there is the expectation of a little increase in vibration because the flywheel is a big spinning dampener and as the weight gets lower the vibrations will climb. I didn't notice the increased vibrations in the first drive, which was lower rpms. On the second drive, spinning it to redline I did notice some increased vibrations from roughly 6000 rpms and up.

Notes on weight above picture.

We are READY for BOOST!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Do they plan to make an aluminum option to cut that weight down some more? I'm planning to stay NA, so lighter would be my priority in a clutch kit.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Fidanza and other flywheel makers will do aluminum, but ACT prefers steel. This is their "StreetLite" and they might do a "Prolite" version...which would still be steel but another 2 to 3 pounds less weight. From driving this Streetlite my feeling today is that I would not want lighter, the anticipated additional vibrations would get annoying.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Thanks, Brian. That's disheartening. I was hoping to knock a few extra pounds off when it came time to change the clutch to help liven up rev characteristics.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

A little autocross fun testing the flywheel and clutch, worked great.....

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com