Blackbird Fabworx NC GT3 Questions

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DanielS172

Blackbird Fabworx NC GT3 Questions

Post by DanielS172 »

Hey Brian,

I had a few questions about the GT3 rollbar for the NC.

1. Would I be able to pick this up from your facility to avoid shipping charges?

2. If so, could I get the dimensions of the rollbar? Trying to find out if this would fit in my Golf GTI.

Thanks!
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Blackbird Fabworx NC GT3 Questions

Post by Brian »

Ships factory to you, not in our San Diego location for pickup.

We could arrange pickup for you at Blackbird...in Northridge
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

I see, that makes sense. Do you foresee any issues with installing this bar after previously installing a Hard Dog M3 (non sport, no rearward braces)? I'm just concerned that some of the cutouts/holes drilled for the Hard Dogv may cause problems when installing the GT3 bar.
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Indeed I expect plastic cuts for your last bar will not line up with new bar, but result worth it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zadnak

Post by Zadnak »

Any of the NC rollbars will fit, with ease, in the back of a Golf with the back seat down.

If you're making the car a track car, ditch the plastics behind the seats all together. I did a few years ago and it's been great so far.
DanielS172

Post by DanielS172 »

Zadnak,

Thanks for your input. My plan is indeed to turn it into a track car anyway, so I will be removing all of the plastic trim pieces behind the seats and possibly just laying down some black fabric to cover up the exposed chassis and wiring, etc. I've seen this done before and I think it looks great. 8)