Bump Stops for ND/Stock Bilsteins/RoadsterSport Springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
SteveD765

Bump Stops for ND/Stock Bilsteins/RoadsterSport Springs

Post by SteveD765 »

I'm looking for some clarification on recommended Bump Stops.
2016 Club with stock bilsteins and RoadsterSport Springs.
In the box with the springs, was a paper that said to cut the stock bumps in about half. On the Good-win site is a set of 36/58 Part No: 61-0792ND, which indicates for lowered MX-5s.

Since the RoadsterSports are double the factory spring rates and only have about 1/2" of drop, it would seem that it's going to be a lot harder to get the car to the bump stops. To my novice mind, it would seem that cutting a lot of the stock bumps off would just keep the car off the bumps almost all of the time.

Whats the recommendation for this combo?

Thanks,
Steve Dillon
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Bump Stops for ND/Stock Bilsteins/RoadsterSport Springs

Post by Brian »

Cutting factory stops gets the job done, but result is far better with our higher density stops recommended on the site...because they are indeed a much better match on rate for the upgraded spring rates.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KirvenS413

Post by KirvenS413 »

if I get the roadstersport springs for my ND club, do I actually need to buy a full set of bump stops? I'm a little confused as to whether to buy all four corners or just the rears.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You don't need to do anything with stops, it's a choice of options that run from okay, to better, and best. Whichever option you pick, you are NOT just doing one end of the car...all four or nothing.

Stock stops 'okay' at full length because you are not dropping the car much at all.
Trim smallest end of stops an inch 'better' before you have more free travel in your result.
Our short stop kit 'best' because both more travel AND rates better matched to new springs.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com