Sway Bar Squeak

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ChristopherH060

Sway Bar Squeak

Post by ChristopherH060 »

Successful Saturday: added GWR header, OFT tune and RoadersterSport sways. Front sway bar install was a bear (did not drop steering), but everything is in, well lubed and torqued. Only problem is my ND Club now sounds like the 87 VW Jetta my wife drove in college. Any gouge on break-in time for the poly bushings or easy remedies?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Sway Bar Squeak

Post by Brian »

My guess is a bit of a dry spot somewhere, might cure itself as the lube moves around with use and squishes out. Push down on the fender each corner to compress suspension, you might be able to pinpoint which corner is the issue and chase it from there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ChristopherH060

Post by ChristopherH060 »

Popped the rear bushings out, lubed the snot out of them inside and out with Super Lube, backed the slip stops off an 1/8". Also bought a pack of dental syringes, packed with lube, and used them to inject lube into the loosened front bushings. Tightened everything back down and I'm squeak free.
MarkA102

Post by MarkA102 »

What type Super Lube do you recommend - I'm guessing this https://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-92003 ... super+lube