Final Drive 4.4 or 4.7?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Cotomeus

Re: Final Drive 4.4 or 4.7?

Post by Cotomeus »

Well,

I have heard the same thing over here in Singapore whereby there was another guy with a Fidanza but the flywheel chatter was unbearable etc. Liked I said, it all boils down to the mechanic doing the installation, as I checked with that guy and it seems he recalled the mechanic using power tool during the tightening process.

Overall a good purchase which I am happy with. :)
CHeavin_2006

Post by CHeavin_2006 »

Brian wrote:Near every weekend I smash about 300 hp onto my Fidanza flywheel in our supercharged 2007.....under the harshest race conditions (standing starts, etc). And not having any problems.....
Brian, another question I had about the light flywheel is how it suits the supercharged NC? The guys at Flyin' Miata suggested staying with the stock flywheel with the supercharger, so you can stay in the powerband and not rpm's so fast between shifts. Is this a good idea, or does it all come down to personal preference?
BTW, my mechanic didn't say anything about the durability or performance of the Fidanza unit, but just that he found that is was troublesome install. Then again it wasn't on a Miata.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Lot's of personal preference involved here. Best I can say is that those who do lots of stop and go traffic may want to skip any light flywheel because it can get tedious in stop and go starts. I love the light flywheel myself and never had any issues...and we race it hard near every weekend (this next weekend we race our supercharged 2007 with NARRA at Chuckwalla Raceway....put this MX5 on Pole last time in a field of Vipers....wish us luck!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Hey,can someone point me in the direction where i can get a 4.4 final drive for the NC miata?
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

You may be able to accomplish the same change in final drive ratio using tires instead of changing the rear end ratio, and it's much more easily reversible if you end up hating it. Switching to 16 inch wheels and running 205/45-16 tires instead of the factory 205/45-17 tires lowers your car by half an inch and is equivalent to running a 4.3 final drive ratio instead of the 4.1. Plus there are some REALLY light 16 inch wheels available, which might help make the car feel even more peppy. It also lowers the car without changing the suspension geometry, which can be good in some cases unless you're already running into ground clearance issues.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Thanks for the info..
I am actually running the 205/45/16 set up currently and it works great.They are not much options in that tire size so i think i'm ready for the FD swap.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Whats the Final Drive on an 06 NC Auto?
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

4.10, assuming you're in the US.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Thanks pal..
Its actually a jdm rhd.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

Can anyone help me with the part# for the 4.4 final drive for the NC.
Heard there's one that swaps right in.