Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DouglasLau

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by DouglasLau »

Brian wrote:
Bart wrote:Great pics of the project car. Now, how do you remove the chrome around the front grill? I think all black would have a sportier look.

Thanks
I missed this until now. There is likely a way to do it...but I have not tried it.
Bart & Brian,

I used dark headlight tint film to blackout my chrome grill surround. After removing the front bumper, the grill can be popped out of the back side. I've attached a couple pix here and there's another in the MX5 Gallery under Doug's 09 GT.

Doug

P.S. Brian, have you had a chance to do a dyno run since the MotoEast tune? I'm interested hear what gains it achieved.
Attachments
25.JPG
25.JPG (61 KiB) Viewed 11222 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (144.56 KiB) Viewed 11222 times
matthew-m

Post by matthew-m »

JamesK383 wrote:Brian,

I have project proposal for your PRHT.

Develop a kit for lowering the stock seats.

I would buy this in a second.

Look at all the demand here on miata.net: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=319461

This thread has been active and at the top of the board since 2009.

What do you think?
I would buy this.
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

I second that.
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
Va MX5

Post by Va MX5 »

Add me to the seat lowering kit list ! :D
Pat- Va MX5
2012 MX5 PRHT GT
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

I'd be down for one as well.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Verwah

Post by Verwah »

+1 for lowering solution for stock seats.

I would normally go with race seats and custom mounts, but can't justify it this time when the stock (cloth) seats are sufficiently supportive and bolstered.
E-ROC

Post by E-ROC »

Hello Brian, and fellow forum members! I am new to the world of MX-5's. Just bought a 2010 GT soft top with only 7,900 mi!!! This car has every option but the appearance package. It's a blast to drive (like I need to tell all of you!) I'm anxiously waiting for some nice weather to enjoy some top down driving! I live just north of Boston and our roads are still covered in road salt from the long winter. Since I bought the car last month I have been reading this thread on your SS PRHT. I'm very interested in adding power and handling, while keeping the car street legal. This MX-5 will be for summer use, and will be garaged for the winter. Since it won't be a dedicated daily driver, I will be leaning more towards performance than comfort. I have done a LOT of research on exhaust systems for the MX-5, and I am very impressed with your full RoadsterSport exhaust! I will be placing an order soon! I would love to get the added HP & torque from your Max Power Header. Will this header pass an emissions test? Or do I need to opt for the catted street header? Also, what are the main differences between your Q, Super Q, and RoadsterSport II mufflers? (sound, weight, tip size) Thanks for any help on this.
E-ROC
2010 MX-5 GT, 6MT, liquid silver/black leather, black soft top, suspension package, premium package.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Welcome....and congrats on the 2010 purchase.

Emissions are state by state, you would need to check with local Miata club members in your state on what you can do, they will know. See the product descriptions for the extensive details on the mufflers, it is all there in great detail, and even some sound files.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
E-ROC

Post by E-ROC »

Thanks Brian. Just signed up for your member rewards program. Hoping to take advantage of this with all of the mods that I have planned. I'll be placing my first order soon.
E-ROC
2010 MX-5 GT, 6MT, liquid silver/black leather, black soft top, suspension package, premium package.
Verwah

Post by Verwah »

Oh my goodness. Race car to the max.. Thanks for sharing this build! I'm absolutely loving it! :D