Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

Riding the stops more often will mean firmer ride. So, if the ride feels fine to you, then it is not something that needs to be fixed...and you can send back the FCM bits to us for refund.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Farther

Post by Farther »

I think he is asking if the FCM will fit the KONIS or not?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The FCM do fit the KONI.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sabatino

Post by sabatino »

Brian wrote:Riding the stops more often will mean firmer ride. So, if the ride feels fine to you, then it is not something that needs to be fixed...and you can send back the FCM bits to us for refund.
Brian,
Yep, makes sense now--thanks for the feedback and the return option. Best customer care from GWR! :D
I'll hang onto the FCMs to keep setup options open. (I haven't explored firming up the KONIs themselves yet. They are at 1 turn from factory full soft.)
Farther wrote:I think he is asking if the FCM will fit the KONIS or not?
Farther, thanks for asking and sorry if I wasn't clear. But nope, I am absolutely sure that the FCMs fit the KONIs, based on GWR and everyone's feedback, over the years, with this popular config.
I just think my installer shop ran into trouble and compensated the best they knew how. What it was that threw them off I do not know. I probably couldn't evaluate fully on my own inspection; I'm not a DIY'r for this level.
2013 MX5 GT PRHT AT | Copper Red
RoadsterSport: MAX Power Header BSCF, Mid & Super Q; Progress Springs; Koni Sport Adj; ILM RP Bar & X-Brace; Racing Beat F & R Tubular Sway Bars; 7x7.5 Enkei Tuning Fujin Black; Stebel Nautilus Horn
JamesD840

Post by JamesD840 »

I'm planning to upgrade my NC along much the same lines as your 2012 PRHT & plan on using it only on the street. I have a GT w/ the 17" alloys. My next purchase is probably going to be a new set of wheels. How important is unsprung weight on the NC as compared to earlier models? Will I notice any difference in handling and/or ride quality using a 20-21 lb wheel versus the OEM wheels? I think the OEM 17" alloys are about 17 lbs - can you confirm that? Thank you!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, stock wheels a bit over 17 pounds.

yes, you would notice dip in ride quality using 21 pound wheel.

Thus, we suggest keeping the wheel choice super light.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JamesD840

Post by JamesD840 »

Brian

Thank you for the wheel info! If your wife's car did not come with the OEM suspension package would you have done anything differently. Mine doesn't have the upgraded suspension so following your goal of better handling w/out sacrificing the ride, should I consider upgraded shocks or other changes?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, result would have been the same on the non-bilstein factory shocks...and I would have done the same.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian wrote:New Braces!

Playing with some new braces on this project. Took off the IL MotorSports choices and added these. Made IN THE USA by a company in Arizona, they were previously an exclusive for a race shop overseas and now available here with some updates. All TIG welded...not MIG welded like some of the cheaper stuff from China. The construction is not merely tubular, this material is internally honeycombed to be super strong and rigid yet crazy light, will post some pics of the bits on scale. Result of the USA production, high end material, and all TIG welding is LIFETIME WARRANTY, no questions asked. I usually tell folks braces make the car feel more solid but not faster, but the braces might make you faster by helping telegraph more clearly what is happening at the tire contact patch when there is less twisting up of the chassis....and everybody likes less body shake and vibration. Likely the most interesting aspect of this collection of braces is the rear toe link barces. Most cars toe out a bit under load, such that the balance of the car is shifting slightly as you push harder and harder. Never realized how much rear toe out this car can have until I tried these rear toe braces, now I need to change rear sway setting to compensate, but I like the more linear response and more consistent balance at the limit.

UPDATE....FIRST 10 kits ready to ship, will add to the website later today!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Install instructions too?