Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

Sorry, if heights are the same (and caster and toe the same) then not clear to me why they are having issue getting more even numbers on that camber.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Bart

Post by Bart »

Update:

Well, half a loaf is better than no loaf at all. After all is said and done, I achieve 14 inches in the rear. The front is still 13.5. I wanted that number for the rear, but I'll settle for the 14 inches. Apparently the silicon spray on the bushings and anti-seize on the cleaned bolts helped.

Bart
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good work, that is where my wife's car was after install and it settled further to 13.8 with time at the rear.

The guys getting 13.5 rear are usually using the KONI SPORT shocks with those springs, which are lower pressure than what you have in there. Notice the title of the thread I linked you to at Miata.net a few posts above, it is all about use of these springs with the KONI shocks.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JohnB082

Post by JohnB082 »

Brian,

I just got a dyno on my stock 20111 GT PRHT (141.65 HP 130.7 TQ on a DynoJet, SAE corrected) for my baseline. I have your ceramic coated street (catted) header, mid pipe, and Super Q yet to be installed and will get the a dyno after the install. I plan on getting a tune at that point and another dyno. Exhaust-wise, my car looks like your 2012 PRHT SS Project car, albeit a year older, and I am curious as to what your dyno results are for that car after the tune.

John B
"...remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
Buckaroo Banzai
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

All the gains are the bolt on changes, tune didn't get us any additional gains on this project. Some cars adapt to the header change better than others and apparently this one adapted perfectly because adding the tune didn't get us any more. Tune still helped in that it removed the 2nd gear torque limitation that Mazda included in 2nd gear on the 6speed cars. But we should do some more work with Mike at MotoEast on it, been busy and have not had a chance to give a second effort to getting gains with the tune on this one.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NaregM677

Post by NaregM677 »

Brian wrote:But we should do some more work with Mike at MotoEast on it, been busy and have not had a chance to give a second effort to getting gains with the tune on this one.
Assuming MotoEast updates/improves the software, do those of us who have already purchased the MotoEast tune get the updated version for free or do we have to purchase it again? Not sure how it works.
2013 Miata Club "Shadowfax"
"And the road becomes my bride..."
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Talk direct to Mike about updates like the RaceRom....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JohnB082

Post by JohnB082 »

Brian, you said that this car adapted to the changes quite well prior to the tune. This brings up the question, how does a tune affect the adaptability of the ecu in the car?

Thanks,

John B
"...remember, no matter where you go, there you are."
Buckaroo Banzai
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That's really a question for the Tuners, like Mike at MotoEast or Jay at Tuning Done Right.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JT12

Post by JT12 »

Brian wrote:On alignment, every choice is a compromise. If serious about the autocross we want toe OUT up front. But toe out up front can be annoying on the freeway as the car tramlines (hunts and grabs or wanders with the lines in the pavement). So, for a compromise setting on a car that is only doing a hand full of events during the summer I suggest

Front
Camber -1.2
TOE ZERO
Caster 5

Rear
Camber -1.2
TOE ZERO
Brian, was wondering if this is the alignment setup that you actually ended up using on the PRHT project car, or is it a little different? Know you've been very pleased with the performance for canyon carving etc. Have the same progress springs and sways setup on our 2012 PRHT, but with Tokico HTS, and it has been great. Haven't autocrossed, but love to push the limits in the twisties. Thanks.