Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Our New 2012 PRHT SS Project....

Post by Brian »

Wife's 2012 currently has this setup:

Front
Camber -1.5
TOE OUT 1/32nd per side
Caster 5

Rear
Camber -1.2
TOE ZERO

I love a toe OUT car, but rarely do we put that on customer cars unless they autocross. I am just very accustomed to a car that will change directions easy with just a slight lift of the throttle, but that can scare folks too ...so I don't recommend these settings to everybody.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
StephenW571

Post by StephenW571 »

I set my 2011 prht to
-1.5 camber all four corners but I have 17 x 8 wheels and 235/40/17 tires which are a little bigger width than Brians 2012 SS project.
6.3 degrees caster
0.1 degrees front toe in
O.2 degrees rear toe in

I was not comfortable with toe out at all. It requires experience to handle it and constant focused driving concentration which i beleibe is great for racing but bad and tiresome for touring.
In short, after a few months now with the above settings, i would not change a thing
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New Delivery of Progress Springs and Sways!
Attachments
ProgressDelivery!.jpg
ProgressDelivery!.jpg (62.32 KiB) Viewed 25330 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

I followed this thread from its inception, since I also have a 2012 PRHT 6MT. I went a different route suspension-wise, but followed Brian's lead on the motor side. Now I have a full GWR exhaust with street header, catted midpipe, RSII, M-E CAI and M-E tune. Just flashed the 5th iteration yesterday and went for a ride today after the rain stopped. WOW! I'm in love with this car all over again. It's exactly what I had hoped. Thanks Brian and Mike at Moto-East. :D :D :D
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Pat

Post by Pat »

Freescopesdad wrote:I followed this thread from its inception, since I also have a 2012 PRHT 6MT. I went a different route suspension-wise, but followed Brian's lead on the motor side. Now I have a full GWR exhaust with street header, catted midpipe, RSII, M-E CAI and M-E tune. Just flashed the 5th iteration yesterday and went for a ride today after the rain stopped. WOW! I'm in love with this car all over again. It's exactly what I had hoped. Thanks Brian and Mike at Moto-East. :D :D :D
What can you tell us about the changes the tune made over the 5 flashes? I'm have a similar setup and the tune was the last piece I've been tempted to do.
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

tune totally woke up the car. SOP sense is more horsepower and torque across the board, smoother acceleration, no torque limit in 2nd gear, and I really like the rev matching feature of the racerom. Also better gas mileage as a bonus. And I also like Mike's quick responses when I send a datalog, but all 3 master tuners I'm sure can provide similar results.

First 3 tunes were with just the full exhaust, last 2 are after adding the M-E CAI.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Toadster

Post by Toadster »

where's the build list for the 2012 PRHT SS?

not everything is listed on the buy site :)
http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda/mi ... oject.html
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Toadster wrote:where's the build list for the 2012 PRHT SS?

not everything is listed on the buy site :)
http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda/mi ... oject.html
All the project cars are listed from the front page and several items are missing from the list for this car, we had a software snag we are fixing and that list should be up to date shortly. Currently missing from the list are the SmartTop, the 215/45/17 tires with the lugs and McGards and hub rings....and I think that is about it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
porterhousestk

Post by porterhousestk »

Really interested in this build! I read the whole thing and never found where you said what kind of tires (you did mention "Conti ExtremeI Contact" but never actually said what tires are on this project.) I plan on using the same size 215/45/17 but im unsure on which ones i want. Im looking for a tire that will be comfortable and quiet on the highways.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We used a set of 215/45/17 Toyo T1R we had on shelf, comfortable and quiet choice for my wife's daily driver. Lots of good choices in that size, just depends on whether you want to go for more grip or more comfort, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com