NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JeremyJ069

Re: NEW LONG TUBE HEADERS.....

Post by JeremyJ069 »

just wanted to update those on the fence about this setup.
i just installed my AEM intake this past weekend, and... oh my. such an improvement.
buttDyno 5000 says holy crap this thing is way faster then before.
mitchman

Post by mitchman »

Good to know Jeremy! I have mine, but it's still all sitting in boxes. I need to find the time to do the installation.

I'm going from the PPE Catted header/mid-pipe to their long tube header. So I'm hoping the install will be easier than swapping out the OEM exhaust.
'06 MX-5 (STR)
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

JeremyJ069 wrote:i just installed my AEM intake this past weekend, and... oh my. such an improvement.
Jeremy, do you have tuning yet? If not, it's time to talk to Moto-East.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

hahah, funny you should mention that. i did email him before installing the intake.
but... now that it is in i think im good for a while, any more power and i see myself getting in trouble.

we shall see how long i stick to that :wink:
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

Well, if you want to see how much trouble you will get into you can look at the dynos I posted after getting a Moto East tune with the PPE Long Tube Header, Goodwin Race Single, and AEM CAI already installed. Bottom line: more power everywhere with max gains of 16 ft-lbs and 24 hp at top end. Well worth the cost of the tune!
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

morrisg wrote:Well, if you want to see how much trouble you will get into you can look at the dynos I posted after getting a Moto East tune with the PPE Long Tube Header, Goodwin Race Single, and AEM CAI already installed. Bottom line: more power everywhere with max gains of 16 ft-lbs and 24 hp at top end. Well worth the cost of the tune!
damnit... i thought i would last more than a week...
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

JeremyJ069 wrote:
morrisg wrote:Well, if you want to see how much trouble you will get into you can look at the dynos I posted after getting a Moto East tune with the PPE Long Tube Header, Goodwin Race Single, and AEM CAI already installed. Bottom line: more power everywhere with max gains of 16 ft-lbs and 24 hp at top end. Well worth the cost of the tune!
I only have a K&N filter in the stock box, PPE LTH and Moto-Mike's tune and I'm amazed at how fast it goes for how little has been done to it.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

JeremyJ069 wrote:
Always glad to be helpful! :D :D :D

Honestly, the Moto East tune was a big eye opener. Well worth it. So just save up and do it. :D
amoore311

Post by amoore311 »

How is availability looking Brian?

Looking to place an order for this baby on Friday if you have units in stock.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got 6 today...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com