Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by Brian »

X25 wrote:Are you going to dyno the 2.5 engine + Moto-east 1.5 cam setup this week? Looking forward to the results.
I am hungry to get it done. What is holding me up is that I sent the one and only of our 1.8 size primary headers back to our factory for them to get the JIG done for production. I can test the car with smaller 1.75 version on it today ....but that doesn't really give us the test we are looking for. Thus I am stuck waiting on that big 1.8 prototype to get back down here.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ourly

Post by ourly »

Knowing why helps.....a little. :mrgreen:
Robert1980

Post by Robert1980 »

Is the 2.5 still on the 5 speed? I read through most of this thread once the 2.5 started but didn't see anything about that.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, still on the 5speed.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Getting CLOSE GUYS! Check those SEXY Legs!

You see here the final prototype, not polished like production pieces will be, but showing the smooth bends of the production JIG and more clearance to the alternator and other little adjustments for ease of install, etc. We plan our final double check of fitment tonight and then will start production this week with expectation we can ship first batch within about 2 weeks. Will likely start pre-orders late this week, polished version will ship first just after middle of April, ceramic coated will take some extra time but I hope ceramic can ship by end of April.
Attachments
MaxPower25-Proto.jpg
MaxPower25-Proto.jpg (71.12 KiB) Viewed 8585 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jpwfz6

Post by jpwfz6 »

That is awesome news Brian!. Very excited about this product. Have you nailed down pricing yet? And can I assume that this final version will bolt up to the stock (or your own) midpipe? Thx.
Jason
Victoria, BC Canada
:( Sold: 2006 Winning Blue, 2.5L, Progress springs, KYB shocks, Michelin PSS, Full GWR street exhaust.
:D Current: 2017 Fiat 124 Abarth, Rosso red, M/T, Progress springs, Wilwood BBK, Full GWR exhaust
ourly

Post by ourly »

Have you finalized $ yet?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, final will bolt to our midpipes.

Have not set price yet but my guess today is $549 for polished stainless version.

Our test fit did not show as much clearance as I wanted, so we are doing yet another 'final' prototype that pulls the number 3 primary a little closer to the head for easier install. That likely delays first production such that we are looking at shipping late April.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ourly

Post by ourly »

That price (or anything close to that) is ridiculously awesome!!! :mrgreen:
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:Our test fit did not show as much clearance as I wanted, so we are doing yet another 'final' prototype that pulls the number 3 primary a little closer to the head for easier install. That likely delays first production such that we are looking at shipping late April.
And that's the attention to detail we love on the GWR products! :D

There's no such thing as "close enough", or "it fits perfectly as long as you Dremel down a couple of spots", etc. It doesn't go out the door until it's 100% perfect!

Great job on the new header, and keep the toys coming for us Miata nuts!
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers