Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
grippy

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by grippy »

This is what you need to add a remote filter and a thermostatic sandwich plate for the oil cooler. Bolts on in place of the factory housing using the stock gasket. This also eliminates the weak factory housing with the aluminum nipple for the oil filter that breaks. It cost me a few thousand when mine broke at 120mph at the track. I also added a temp sensor port for my data logger.
Attachments
IMG_20150421_211911640.jpg
IMG_20150421_211911640.jpg (52.67 KiB) Viewed 9714 times
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Proper NC Rear Big Brake setup coming here soon.

Two-piece rotors, light main four piston calipers, dedicated proper parking brake that works!

Install soon...
Attachments
NC-REAR-BBKs.jpg
NC-REAR-BBKs.jpg (184.16 KiB) Viewed 9490 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jerharp84

Post by jerharp84 »

Looks like it'll be a nice setup. Any header updates?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Header delayed while we re-worked the lay of #3 and #4 pipes to make install easier. As the pipe gets BIGGER, the radius of each bend is bigger, and that has made getting this fat 1.8 header packaged for easy install a serious challenge. We sent latest proto back to factory yesterday. Best guess now is that we are still a good 30 days from production.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
X25

Post by X25 »

What about the oil cooler? I am in serious need for one, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it since I will need to find a solution sooner or later.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

X25 wrote:What about the oil cooler? I am in serious need for one, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it since I will need to find a solution sooner or later.
Have not reported because we have not installed it yet. Motor was stuck waiting on ARP rod bolts...and those are finally here. Likely do the install next week.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
X25

Post by X25 »

grippy wrote:This is what you need to add a remote filter and a thermostatic sandwich plate for the oil cooler. Bolts on in place of the factory housing using the stock gasket. This also eliminates the weak factory housing with the aluminum nipple for the oil filter that breaks. It cost me a few thousand when mine broke at 120mph at the track. I also added a temp sensor port for my data logger.
Where did you find that adaptor? And, where is your oil filter now? It would be great to get rid of the sandwich plates.
grippy

Post by grippy »

I designed it and made it myself as I could not find one off the shelf. The filter is now on the pass side firewall near the heater hoses. The oil cooler hoses run along the fender to the oil cooler. Seems to work very well and makes oil changes much easier. Before I had to jack the engine to remove the filter due to my lowered engine mounts.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
X25

Post by X25 »

grippy wrote:I designed it and made it myself as I could not find one off the shelf. The filter is now on the pass side firewall near the heater hoses. The oil cooler hoses run along the fender to the oil cooler. Seems to work very well and makes oil changes much easier. Before I had to jack the engine to remove the filter due to my lowered engine mounts.
Sounds great! Well, it also sounds like I am out of luck for an off-the-shelf solution : (
JamesK383

Post by JamesK383 »

Brian wrote:Proper NC Rear Big Brake setup coming here soon.

Two-piece rotors, light main four piston calipers, dedicated proper parking brake that works!

Install soon...
Any news on this project?