Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chuck H

Re: Back in Winning Blue. Our 'new' Project Blue!

Post by Chuck H »

Brian,

I was in contact with Paul at PPE to see if he could modify one of his long-tube headers for me, and it turns out that the "Good-Win Racing Edition" long tube header was already exactly what I was after. He also let slip that the first batch is close to being ready. :twisted:

Are you taking pre-production orders yet, or starting a waiting list or anything? I'd like to be one of the first customers!

If you don't mind a suggestion, it would be cool to get one of these down to Jay at TDR to see what he can wring out of it with a tune. I'm guessing it will make very similar low-end torque as the smaller PPE one without falling flat on its face at higher RPM, and may become the new go-to STR header.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, website now taking orders on that new version, hope to ship those within a week.

Yes, I agree, would like to see what JAY can do with this better breathing version on the 2.0 motor
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got a bunch of emails asking our secrets to hitting magic 200 at the wheels with stock cams and stock compression. Will play with cams on this install once we get all the work with new headers accomplished. There is no magic, just doing all the little things right like giving the 2.5 the amount of header it wants, and the amount of intake it needs (we have our big diameter MotoEast intake on this project). I see lots of the 2.5 installs at miata.net running just 1.5 inch header primaries and we use bigger primaries on a 1990 Miata with little bitty 1.6 motor. We also do little details like re-pin the intake manifold from donor 2.0 so that it is centered on the 2.5 (most installs I see at Miata.net have the intake largely offset and I think flow is much cleaner with manifold centered, and then you can take just a bit of material off top and bottom for smooth flow, etc).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Hey Brian,

Can I purchase the "Good-Win Racing Edition" PPE header / midpipe for my 2.0 and use it later down the road for the 2.5 conversion ? Correct me if Im wrong but from what I've read the "Good-Win Racing Edition" PPE CAN be used on both 2.0 & 2.5 motors BUT provide different outputs regarding mid range torque and top end HP ?

I am planning to do power mods in the next couple wks and will hold off unless the parts are interchangable.

Also how is the durability on the PPE vs GWR max power header/mid/exhaust combo ? Is PPE parts made for track only just like the moto east exhaust or can I have it on my dual purpose daily driver ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, our new version of the PPE should do better results for both 2.0 and 2.5 than prior version. Yes, everything you bolt to the 2.0 can be used later on your 2.5 if you upgrade the motor later. We have another 2.5 conversion starting here today and customer already had our full RoadsterSport Max power setup and AEM intake and it will all transfer to his new 2.5 perfectly.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Thank you for the quick reply Brian. So I gotta ask :lol:

Which makes more HP/TQ ?

GWR max power package ( no ceramic coating ) or the PPE race header / midpipe with a GWR race single ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Can't tell you results on 2.0 without testing the new designs on 2.0 motor...and no idea if or when I will get around to that. So, all results I got for you are in threads here. Note best peak numbers should not be only consideration, PPE still MUCH more difficult to install as explained in the product descriptions....not everybody wants to potentially jack up the motor just to change the header.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Thats cool Brian, just curious thats all.

So if I order a GWR exhaust package (header/midpipe/super Q) & ECUtek w/ motoeast reflash for my 2.0 now, then a few years down the line I decide to do the 2.5 conversion, the bolt ons for the 2.0 wont hinder performance for the 2.5 ? Will the ECUtek reflash previously for the 2.0 be applicable to the new 2.5 conversion ?

No plans for specific exhaust packages for the 2.5 in the future ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

YES, all the exhaust goodies that work on 2.0 will work on 2.5....but going bigger helps even more, that's the lesson you can read about in the last few pages here. Not sure when we will get special 2.5 shortie header done, but we do have the larger pipe PPE long tube shipping this week (again, see testing results in last two pages).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JeffReaves

Post by JeffReaves »

Brian,

What is the diameter on the primaries for the Prototype RoadsterSport? Are they larger than the exhaust ports? Do the Prototype headers have two O2 bungs (looks like they do)? When do you expect to be offering them? The collector looks a lot like the Racing Beat headers, which intrigues me since I currently have Racing Beat Headers on back order with you.

Jeff