PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DYNO

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ronbauer

Re: PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DY

Post by ronbauer »

Well you know I'm first in line! :-)

Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

And here is compare with Mazda Global Cup Car ND Race 4-1 header. Again, same car, same tune, same dyno. The long tube 4-1 just doesn't give the motor what it needs, particularly with the torque dip in the low range. It is not that the 4-1 is a bad design, it is essentially what was done on the NC, it is just not the right design for the ND motor.
Attachments
ND-DYNO-LongtubeCompare.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ronbauer wrote:Well you know I'm first in line! :-)

Ron
YES, you got dibs on first available. My current plan is to get first few out the door in July. I really do NOT know yet if that plan is realistic, but will do our best.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

I was lucky enough to be the first one to get one of the new shorty headers and when Brian says it adds volume, he isn't kidding. I currently have the Race muffler and tried it with that, and all I can say is that the car probably would not pass sound anywhere, including most race tracks. The good news is that the stock muffler bolted right up to the Goodwin midpipe and brought the sound back down close to stock. Can't wait until my new Super Q for HEADER shows up on Monday to give Maggie her voice back.
Attachments
20160512_215650.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sound level comparison notes:

Longtube/midpipe is lower sound level with SuperQ than Shorty/midpipe with same SuperQ.

Longtube/midpipe/SuperStreet slightly lower sound than Shorty/midpipe/SuperQ but more sound than Shorty/midpipe/SuperQ-header version.

Thus, most quiet combo will be Longtube/midpipe/SuperQ-header version which ends up barely over stock sound level.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Interesting. I wonder if it's the bigger resonator in the shorty midpipe or just something about the design of the long tube that is a bit deeper and quieter. I noticed something similar on my PPE LTE on my NC. It's not ear-splitting loud, even with a surprisingly small muffler. :)
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Pictures of our new ND Longtube and Midpipe Combo.
Attachments
LongtubeHeaderMidpipeComboND.jpg
LongtubeHeaderMidpipeComboND.jpg (44.59 KiB) Viewed 10153 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks to our Ryan Passey here is what is next from Good-Win Racing: our Light ND Race Battery Kit. Yes, we have seen what they are doing in Japan, charging as much for the mount as the LIPO battery costs, and all for 200 CCA. :lol: We think you should be able to park your car for the weekend, even a holiday THREE DAY weekend, and still have it start the next week! Thus, we are going a bit bigger, without really going any heavier. And why not, you got the space! This is a Battery Tender ultra light LIPO battery (DELTRAN BTL24A360C), and as you can see on the label 360 CCA and the mounting setup and battery together just 3.35 Pounds! We will not be selling the battery, they are available from dozens of places on Ebay and Amazon. We will be selling just the aluminum mounting kit. This is for RACERS ONLY, we don't see much point for regular street customers, but for SCCA autocross customers we think this will prove the popular setup.

Saves 23.4 pounds off the front of the ND!!!

In testing here now, will have first 10 kits available later this Summer.

First Pic below is STOCK battery and battery box and all the stuff that goes with the stock battery mounting.
Attachments
ND-LIGHT-Battery3.jpg
ND-LIGHT-Battery.jpg
ND-LIGHT-Battery2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

More fun with Longtube!
Attachments
LongTubeResonator.jpg
ND-LongtubeFULLRACE.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AndrewD459

Post by AndrewD459 »

Hi Brian, are there any plans for a flex sensor and to run it on E85 for even more naturally aspirated power? Also, any thoughts on whether a cold air intake will make any difference now, with the tuning and exhaust gas flow significantly modified?