PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DYNO

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DY

Post by Brian »

First intake we tested made exactly zero hp gain on the dyno. We will keep testing the intakes but for now I do not have much hope of real results with the intakes.

Mat at Orange Virus has already done some E85 tune work on these motors. Though I have two NC miata on E85 the fuel is not conveniently widespread here in San Diego so we will not be doing that on our ND at this time.

I expect we get to 200 at the wheels without either of the above, got some other ideas to chase.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Quick ride along with our new Longtube Race Header with our RoadsterSport Race Muffler.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
almazing

Post by almazing »

I'm interested in picking up the Ohlins Coilovers soon. Do they come with top hats and ready to install? Or does one need to disassemble the stock shocks to re-use stock parts? Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

almazing wrote:I'm interested in picking up the Ohlins Coilovers soon. Do they come with top hats and ready to install? Or does one need to disassemble the stock shocks to re-use stock parts? Thanks.
UPDATE: Sorry to say original press photos was NOT the manner in which US kit ships. US Kits for ND are just like NC kits, they use the factory ND rear top hats!!!
Attachments
Ohlins-ND.jpg
Ohlins-ND.jpg (117.85 KiB) Viewed 9035 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Could we get a few details on the ported head? I believe it was said on another forum that you would be trying the head with the stock valves and cams reinstalled. Is the head CNC ported with the "dimples" to decrease turbulence, or is it a smooth hand port? How extensive is the port work?
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NathanD277 wrote:Could we get a few details on the ported head? I believe it was said on another forum that you would be trying the head with the stock valves and cams reinstalled. Is the head CNC ported with the "dimples" to decrease turbulence, or is it a smooth hand port? How extensive is the port work?
Go back to page 12 of this thread for the details I can tell you now...which is the flow before/after.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

Thank you. That's quite an impressive increase in flow for both intake and exhaust. As long as airflow velocity can be maintained through some cam timing adjustments, that should be a worthwhile modification.
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NathanD277 wrote:Thank you. That's quite an impressive increase in flow for both intake and exhaust. As long as airflow velocity can be maintained through some cam timing adjustments, that should be a worthwhile modification.
Yeah, lots of questions yet to be answered about how the changed head will do. Will we give up some of the wonderful midrange grunt and just shift the peaks much higher? I really don't know. Factory head is amazingly tight for flow, which is about velocity and that midrange. Hopefully we gain everywhere, but that may not happen....or it may not happen until we have custom cams. I wanted to get both headers done on stock motor with stock intake before we take the next step....and now both headers are complete, though likely could fine tune for the longtube now and get even stronger results.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

When will Matt be returning to dial in the tune for the long tube?
2017 Meteor Gray Club
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NathanD277 wrote:When will Matt be returning to dial in the tune for the long tube?
We are talking about that date currently...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com