PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DYNO

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT ND: Parts Development, Testing, Measurements, DY

Post by Brian »

Shop Pup "Mr. Happy" working on adding some more bark to the exhaust system..

...because he is a bark expert. :roll:
Attachments
AddingBark.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NathanD277

Post by NathanD277 »

I hope to add some more bark to my ND very soon. I saw that my long tube has shipped!! :)
2017 Meteor Gray Club
YuMiata

Post by YuMiata »

Ryan @ GWR wrote:As for slots, the edges of the scalloped rotor serve the same function as slots in a traditional round rotor - so in this case slots would be redundant. :D
Mmm.. redundant yes, with regards to venting escaping gases and cooling, I would agree.
However, removing additional material in the form of slots would also decrease the overall mass of the rotor itself, lending to a lighter rotor.
kirryccc

Post by kirryccc »

Hi Brian,

Do you think the Longtube + super street (or superQ) will pass the 90db sound limit at Laguna Seca? Are you going to find out? This could be a potential deal breaker for me :roll: Thanks!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Longtube with SuperQ is stock sound level....not within miles of the Laguna Sound limit.

So far at SCCA events here I have tested under 93db strict limit with the Race muffler on the back. I tried it with and without turn-down strapped to the Race muffler and only blew 87 db with the turn-down on there. It's the whole point of the massive resonator we included in the longtube's special midpipe. But Ron Bauer using same longtube and Race tells me he blew 94 at event, difference might be humidity and different measurement equipment, but I would certainly recommend turn-down for Laguna if using this combo there.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our Standard length header NOW available in CERAMIC Coated Stainless!

In our testing about 3% additional gain on the dyno with the coating....and it looks good too.
Attachments
CeramicNDs.jpg
CeramicNDs.jpg (46.09 KiB) Viewed 8880 times
CeramicNDHeader.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great news from our dealer friends in Australia, Targa Racing......our standard length header fits RHD.
Attachments
Header-install-RHD.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
YuMiata

Post by YuMiata »

Brian wrote:The Longtube needs the special short midpipe included with it, cannot be used with our standard midpipe. The longtube with included midpipe works great with the Race muffler and I daily drive that combo...under 90db in all my testing so far here.
Any future plans to test the longtube/midpipe on an auto setup for clearance?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

When we have a local customer with Auto wanting the longtube we can check that, hard to predict when that will happen as owners of automatics tend not to be the type to buy headers. Looking at sales of headers we offer for NC that fit both manual and automatic the sales of headers to owners of automatics is a very small minority, about 1 in 30 sales.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Matth3w

Post by Matth3w »

Brian wrote:Longtube with SuperQ is stock sound level....not within miles of the Laguna Sound limit.

So far at SCCA events here I have tested under 93db strict limit with the Race muffler on the back. I tried it with and without turn-down strapped to the Race muffler and only blew 87 db with the turn-down on there. It's the whole point of the massive resonator we included in the longtube's special midpipe. But Ron Bauer using same longtube and Race tells me he blew 94 at event, difference might be humidity and different measurement equipment, but I would certainly recommend turn-down for Laguna if using this combo there.
Brian, reading this, if for some reason we blew a little over would the packed baffle do enough to get it under the 93? What is the turn down?