Tons of things going on, a lot of it is little details. Need a small bracket here or a tweak of something there and before you know it many hours have disappeared.
Some of the big stuff...
The Getrag diff was not operating like an limited slip unit. At first we chalked it up to the fluid and additive still needing to get cycled around better since it hadn't driven around much, but after a lot of figure 8's in the parking lot and still no improvement I started digging. GM superseded part numbers so when you call your GM contact to find out if the PN on your diff is for an LSD, they might know that number was superseded by a different number or they miiiiight tell you that's not a number that comes up in their system and have no idea. Eventually we got it nailed down and it turns out the salvage yard that advertised this diff as an LSD unit got it wrong. That was over a year ago so nothing to do now but buy another one.
As for those part numbers...3.42 NOT LSD:
15793753 - superseded now by 258734993.42 LSD:
15793754 - superseded now by 25873500
New diff arrived, correct original PN on it. That diff now lives in the car.
Lots of little bits here and there to get bodywork on and working. Then went on to hood venting:
Hood is cut now, finished pics once louvers are back from powdercoating
New fence on the splitter to seal behind the lower edge of the bumper skin:
Plugged all the now-unused holes in the bumper skin that used to feed the oil cooler and front brake ducts. This pic reminds me, still need to relocate that "tow" decal to the hood:
Went to reinstall the fire extinguisher, discovered the new frame rails blocked the holes the extinguisher bracket had used. Made a new bracket with wider mounting points that tucks the extinguisher up as much as possible under the front edge of the seat:
Tires arrived and mounted on 15x10 Tungsten 6ULs. This is the 245 Rival S 1.5. Tire tech evolves crazy fast, even from just a couple years ago... back when I was running street tires to fit into a certain class for Miata Challenge I was on the original RS3... then the original Rival came out and it was better because you could actually use the brakes! Now for RLTA and GTA my class requires 100tw or greater, but these "Super200's" are faster than the 100tw options. I'm betting this combo here is easily 2 seconds faster than the old worn out 225 NT01s on 15x9 that I ran at Superlap in 2014.