New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by Brian »

jjaross wrote:Has anyone measured the sound levels of an RF at speed with and without the clear windblocker? To my ears I think there is less wind turbulence at the "b-pillar" with it removed. I dont have a DB meter to confirm or reject this approach. Has anyone tried this?
Well, finally did some driving with the blocker removed....and I too prefer it gone. Have not checked with DB meter but I am leaving out the wind blocker for now. Did date night in the car in open top mode Saturday night and much enjoyed the drive to and from our Dinner destination, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jjaross

Post by jjaross »

Hopefully enough RF owners will agree that no windblocker is the way to go, and someone will come up with nice set of hole plugs for the blocker attachment points.
ozark

Post by ozark »

I picked up my Soul Red Club RF with the B&B package last Friday and have been experimenting with the wind blocker. With the top down and windows up or down, I feel more wind in the hair, and I like that. However, my wife prefers less wind, so the wind blocker goes back in.

I've deleted the sound tube, added the stubby antenna and mulling over the exhaust question. Trying not to rush things :)
jjaross

Post by jjaross »

If it helps any I have a Launch RF and a wife, modification so far: stubby antenna, cowl brace, 5mm wheel spacers, black McGuard lug nuts, pearl ball shift knob, and twin-tip Super-Q muffler. When I deleted the sound tube I felt I needed a little more sound back so I installed the larger mid-pipe. I'm happy now and have received no complaints from my wife. Next up sway-bars!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

SUNRISE Light on New Konig Ultraform Wheels. Our RF Springs and KONI SPORT shocks too.
Attachments
Ultraform1.jpg
Ultraform5.jpg
UltraformTopUP.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
awales74

Post by awales74 »

"I've deleted the sound tube" Poor sound tube. I think everyone removes it because of the name. They should call it Intake Helmholtz Resonator and add a shiny chrome bit for looks. :)
Theanhdy

Post by Theanhdy »

Any header or tune on the car? Any updates? Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, the RF has our shorty header. Many months of testing the new Max Midpipe, final is on the car now. Muffler changes by the day as I continue to test variation. Yes, Orange Virus Tune.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Time for Project RF...to get serious!
Attachments
RFBoost.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing