949 Racing Forged Alloy Lugs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
RobertV598

949 Racing Forged Alloy Lugs

Post by RobertV598 »

Any recommendation for torque numbers using these lugs with a 6UL 17x8 wheel on an ND? I believe I read somewhere that alloy lugs are not necessarily torqued at the same level as steel lugs. OEM lugs are recommended to be torqued at 80-108 ft-lb. Should I stay low in this range (80) for the alloy lugs or even lower?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: 949 Racing Forged Alloy Lugs

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RobertV598

Post by RobertV598 »

Brian wrote:80...
Thanks Brian, looking forward to install the 6ULs with the alloy lugs this coming weekend. Shipping information I received from Goodwin should have the wheels here tomorrow :D.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

This should go without saying....but just to be safe....always remind your tire shop you want TAPE ON weights, not the clip on stuff they use on trucks and 70s Buicks. I have seen tire shops do some bad stuff when not reminded. You want them to hand torque those lugs too, no guns.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RobertV598

Post by RobertV598 »

Brian wrote:This should go without saying....but just to be safe....always remind your tire shop you want TAPE ON weights, not the clip on stuff they use on trucks and 70s Buicks. I have seen tire shops do some bad stuff when not reminded. You want them to hand torque those lugs too, no guns.
Thanks for these tips. I will take wheels and tires in my OTM to a specialty shop here in Tampa to mount the tires and balance the wheels: Carlspeed Motorsports, Inc. (recommended by a fellow Miata driver), so I trust Carl knows his stuff. I will install the wheels myself and hand torque them.