Safe bicycle rack for '06 MX-5?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NC+Will=Happiness

Safe bicycle rack for '06 MX-5?

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

Anyone seen a suitable bike rack for our NCs? I want to be able to carry a couple mountain bikes or at least one. I have'nt seen much out there.
2006 MX-5 "Sport" 6-spd, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers some time in the next eternity!
NC+Will=Happiness

I have'nt found anything either. If I do, I'll let all you bike-weilding people know.
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
sprout97

Post by sprout97 »

I've had good luck with my Saris Bones rack ( sarisproducts.com ). The caveat is that I've got a NA car. The rack itself is lightweight, rust-free and very adjustable. It's a tripod set up with 6 anchor straps. I'd recommend a check of their website to double check fitment. Purely speculating, but the only part that I would really be concerned with would whether or not the stabilizing leg - the leg on the trunk lid - would be contacting the 3rd eye brake light. I've got a 2-bike rig, but they also make a 4-leg, 3-bike rack as well (which should theoretically render the brake light issue moot). As I'm a road cyclist only, can't give you any pointers with regard to a suspension bike (probably would have to use one of the stem-to-seat post bars. Hope this helps.
NC+Will=Happiness

Thanks for the info. Unfortuantly I have done the unthinkable and sold my MX-5 to a family member! Yes, I have sinned. My apologies to the miata god! (Brian).
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit