Lowered ND Alignment?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
GeraldG046

Lowered ND Alignment?

Post by GeraldG046 »

I have a 2020 GT ST with Enkei GTC02 17x8 +42. I recently added Ohlins street coilovers with Swift springs (70 front, 40 rear). The car is used primarily as a daily driver but potentially some AutoX. My question is what alignment should I use?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Lowered ND Alignment?

Post by Brian »

You would also need front offset bushings to get the number we usually run for track and STR class autocross. Assuming no front offset bushings, try for these numbers

Front
Camber -3.0
Caster 6.5
Toe OUT 1/16th per side

Rear
Camber -2.5
Toe ZERO.

Not everyone likes toe out front, autocross guys get accustomed to it and understand it will tend to hunt and grab pavement groves on the freeway. That's the cost of a car that takes a faster bite into the turn. You can also compromise at zero front and rear toe, which will tramline less. Most dedicated street ND are just toe in all around to avoid that, but they are also numb when it comes to turn-in response compared with the car at zero toe all around, or toe out front.

I note you said ' potentially some AutoX', which is very vague. If the car is not going to autocross often, we would do much more conservative numbers, something like this below:

Front
Camber -2.2
Caster 6.5
Toe in 1/16th side

Rear
Camber -1.8
Toe in 1/16th side
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
GeraldG046

Re: Lowered ND Alignment?

Post by GeraldG046 »

Thank you Brian. That gives me a good place to start.