NC DYNO: INTAKE, EXHAUST, MIDPIPE, HEADER, SUPERCHARGER!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
fluid_fish

Post by fluid_fish »

Hi Brian,

Any indication of the relative gains of the Race Muffler + CAI setup as compared to the RS Duals + CAI? The weight savings from the Race Muffler are just awesome..... had planned to run the former setup with the optional baffle while on roads. Would like an indication of whether the extra noise is worth it (at least in terms of power/torque gains).

FF
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, I don't have it up but there was NO additional power gain from the RoadsterSport Race muffler over our RoadsterSport Duals. So, the good news is that it means we did a great job on the DUALS, and the RoadsterSport Race is just giving you additional weight savings....another reason the Race is going to appeal rather strictly to the racers looking to save every ounce and the hardcore who want even more sound. However, I will note that the RACE is not really much louder in the lower through middle rpms...only when you really put your foot it in does the RACE muffler start to seriously sing a more aggressive tune.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian wrote: However, I will note that the RACE is not really much louder in the lower through middle rpms...only when you really put your foot it in does the RACE muffler start to seriously sing a more aggressive tune.
Brian, you mention middle rpms range. What exactly that range land?

Thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I would say the RACE is rather similar to the DUALS on sound until about 4000 rpms...and much louder than the DUALS after that point.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian wrote:I would say the RACE is rather similar to the DUALS on sound until about 4000 rpms...and much louder than the DUALS after that point.
Thats fairly reasonalbe range. Is that measure with mid pipe on?

thanks again
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Nope, have not yet had chance to try the race with the new midpipe....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Atlmike

Post by Atlmike »

Brian,

First, congratulations on getting married! I hope you and your wife have a great time on your honeymoon.

I'm planning to get the midpipe when they become available at the end of the year. If the DC Sports header is not available by then, will it be possible to plug up the oxygen sensor bungs in the midpipe until I need to relocate the sensors to the midpipe when I do have a header installed?

Thanks a bunch!

Mike Smith
Alpharetta, GA
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Atlmike wrote:Brian,

First, congratulations on getting married! I hope you and your wife have a great time on your honeymoon.

I'm planning to get the midpipe when they become available at the end of the year. If the DC Sports header is not available by then, will it be possible to plug up the oxygen sensor bungs in the midpipe until I need to relocate the sensors to the midpipe when I do have a header installed?

Thanks a bunch!

Mike Smith
Alpharetta, GA
Yes, the Midpipe will ship with plugs installed...because we expect lots of folks will get the midpipe as their next step after the muffler because the midpipe is an easy install.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
relentless

Post by relentless »

Brian ..

I am in Japan with an JDM spec NC. I know your NC dual exhaust will be OK.

Question .. will your new midpipe also be compatible for Japan .. IE .. right hand drive ?

Thanks.

Bill
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, I do not know if our MX5 midpipe will fit Japan spec NC.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com