Borla vs. JR vs. Roadster Sport Exhausts

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
monfalca

Borla vs. JR vs. Roadster Sport Exhausts

Post by monfalca »

Hi Brian,

With all the sales going on with exhausts right now, I'm quite interested in purchasing one. I've narrowed it down to the 3 in the subject and am interested in what your recommendation would be based on the following criteria:

-'92 normally aspirated 1.6L
- Used mostly for Auto-X in STS2
- Looking for the exhaust with the most HP improvement rather than simply sound or tone (although that would be good too)

Thanks for your help!
'92 Miata
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

These are all straight through and smooth perforated core designs all following the same path. Thus, it should come as no surprise that they all look pretty much the same on the dyno and the real difference is weight and sound. For normal aspiration the Borla is the usual Autocrosser choice because it is the lowest weight....followed closely by the RoadsterSport Race.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
monfalca

Post by monfalca »

Thanks for the info. I ordered the Roadster Sport last night. I'm looking forward to receiving it.
'92 Miata
monfalca

Install Tips

Post by monfalca »

Brian,

I have had the Roadster Sport Race installed for a week and a half now. Last night while driving, I noticed a resonating vibration coming from behind me on the driver's side. I assume this to be the new exhaust possible vibrating against the suspension. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks
'92 Miata
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Figure out first where your contact is (grab exhaust while under the car and yank it back and forth and you will likely find it. Then unbolt the flanges and stick a piece of wood into the space where the contact is...and bolt things up and pull the wood spacer. The wood spacer just holds the alignment you need until you get the bolts torqued....exhaust shops call this "blocking" but also check the heath of your exhaust hangers.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com