STILL STOCK?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Pistolmiller

STILL STOCK?

Post by Pistolmiller »

If I switch to a 15" wheel and a 30mm offset, will this take me out of CStock?

2002 Ls w/ 16's from factory....
Pistolmiller
'02 LS Emerald Mica
Oklahoma City, OK
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes...stock allows you to change offset up to 1/4 inch which is only a little over 6mm. And your car came with 16s so you get to run 16s. The lack of good R compound sizes in 16s is one of the reasons (besides weight) that the LS package has never been stock class competitive on a national level....unfortunatey.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Pistolmiller

Post by Pistolmiller »

So...even though 15's were an option that year for the miata, just not my miata, I cannot switch to 15's?
Pistolmiller
'02 LS Emerald Mica
Oklahoma City, OK
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You should check your local SCCA venue to see what their reading is...but my reading of the rules is that your package came with nothing but 16s...then you are stuck with 16s for stock class.

The one good thing about the 16x6.5 inch factory wheels is that they are half an inch wider than the factory 15x6 rims. If Khumo and Hoosier made the right size that extra half inch would be an advantage....but they don't. However, there is an interesting relatively new choice...the AVON Tech Ra in either 215/40/16 or 225/40/16. I would be tempted to try that 225/40/16.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com