Gram Lights on NC?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Gripper

Gram Lights on NC?

Post by Gripper »

I recently purchased a set of Gram Lights sized 17x8.5 with a 40 offset. I tried them out with no tires and one side of the car lifted so the suspension was at full drop but the lip stuck out about 1" to 1"1/2 in the front. The rear looked perfectly flush with the fender.

Brian, or other informed readers :wink: my question is this- Is this a streetable set up? I know I will have to roll the fenders, are there any other words of wisdom you al can give me. BTW I will be running 255/45/17 Falken Azenis 615s and I'm riding on Eibach Sportlines.

Thanks for you input in advance.

EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Gripper, i can't wait to see your pictures after your tires are mounted. Do you have any pictures of your lowered on the stock wheels. Eibach Sportlines are 2" all around, correct?
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

I say very little chanve it will work for street nor track.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

If you lower the car enough the suspension will start to swing everything under....but our recommendation is 48mm for that width. That's not going to work unless you do heavy fender lip work and perhaps with enough lowering and negative camber you can get there.

My suggestion is that you sell the rims while still new...and pick a better offset.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Gripper

Post by Gripper »

Actually I bought these used for a hell of a barge so I probably could make some of my money back. Although I a m curious to see how it will work out after an alignment with as much negative camber as I can get out of the stock/sportline setup. Thanks for the heads up guys, I will keep you posted on what I decide to do.