New NC Rollbar INSTALLED...

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

New NC Rollbar INSTALLED...

Post by Brian »

Details posted in our Instructions Section:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-ta ... .php?t=582
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
msmdude

Post by msmdude »

Does this rollbar pass the broomstick test? I currently drive a MSM with the BossFrog Clearview and my helmet is about an inch above the rollbar.
The car has a Cobra Imola S seat and even with the bottom cushion removed I cannot get it any lower. I'm 5' 10" and would really like to be under the rollbar but not sure if you sit lower in the NC versus the NB.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The NC is a bigger car in every way than the NB...including height. At 5'10 you should be able to pass the broomstick in the NC with his bar even with the stock seat.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Aptoschris

Post by Aptoschris »

A couple clarifying questions for the newbies. . .

What's the importance of the broom stick test?
What is a petty bar?
You refer to a couple NASA requirements and I wondered if you could describe the differences a bit more? For instance, actual racing versus sanctioned practice versus club track days, etc.
How necessary is the brace to the passenger footwell? Does that mount need to be welded?
How about mounts for 4 point harnesses?

Thanks,
Chris
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I go to the track every month and have only seen the broom stick test once in the last decade. But, I understand that other track organizations are more strict and the idea is that your helmet should be 2 inches under the stick when it lays on top of the windshield to on top of the bar. Obviously, that depends on such variables as how tall you are, how tall the rollbar is, and how low your set is set, mounted, etc.

As for NASA events...see their website where your questions are discussed in much more detail:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

Mount to passenger footwell could be welded if you wanted, but the idea behind our design is that you bolt it in only when and if you need it. Many ways to mount a harness, but I think the better way is to go directly to the I-Beam cross member of the bar and this would mean making an extra hole in the plastic behind the driver's seat to get a proper angle and access for bolt in, or clip in designs.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com