has this happend to anyone else NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jdiestelow

has this happend to anyone else NC

Post by jdiestelow »

I have a 2006 MX-5 touring and today i opend the door ad heard a crunch, i sit down and noticed my windshield had cracked. It has been allways garaged sence new and last night i know the crack was not there. was just wondering if this is some sort of fluke thing or did i have a hulk hogan moment any input would be apprched
v67gsr

Re: has this happend to anyone else NC

Post by v67gsr »

jdiestelow wrote:I have a 2006 MX-5 touring and today i opend the door ad heard a crunch, i sit down and noticed my windshield had cracked. It has been allways garaged sence new and last night i know the crack was not there. was just wondering if this is some sort of fluke thing or did i have a hulk hogan moment any input would be apprched
not on me but I must say I suspect NC glass is relatively easy to chip/crack by flying rock chip.

Me and my other NC friend also got rock chip on his NC within 6 month of ownership. I driven an Acura for 11 years with 20 time more mileage than my NC but i got no rock chip at all.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sounds like it may have had a stress crack. If there is no impact evidence (from a rock, etc.) and it appears to be a stress crack, then the dealer should cover it under warranty.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com